excessive vibration ?

CopMagnet5oh

Registered
entire bike vibrates in any gear over 4500rpm at any speed, bad enough that if i cruise over 4500rpm for half hour or more, my hands will go numb and i get buzz in my legs when i get off the bike. bikes got 50k kms ( 32k miles ). any ideas ? new tires and suspension was rebuild/ set up properly for my weight.

thank you!

- Kons

Ive got the same thing goin on. I did plugs and cleaned the air filter but still happening.
Seems to be running rough, may be goin into the shop soon...
Please, anyone know whats doing this?

Mine got better with plugs and a new chain/sproket, but my hour and a half ride a couple days ago made me feel it again, though only at about 4800-5100.

I'm going to get some new bar ends soon, as I hear wonders about the heavy bar ends. Maybe a valve job is in order for us?

Just had my valves checked in the begiining of the season, should be good there. Just got new bar ends the other day, yet to install. Hoping they help out

any issues with oil leaks? my drain plug was on the outs at one point and the bike was vibrating like crazy around 4500 rpms. fortunately, i was able to catch the problem as soon as i got home before it was too late. it was officially stripped from over tightening.

does it also vibrate in neutral? or, when riding over 4500 rpm bike vibrating, pull in the clutch holding rpms. does the vibration go away?

Mine personally is engine related. Clutch pulled in on highway, vibration stops. So it's not chain/sprocket or wheels involved. Strictly RPM relative.

Not normal for sure.... Loose exhaust hardware, engine mounts?? Mine vib's abit at 4,500 as they all do..but after that smooth all the way to redline.. hope you sort it out. could fork head bearings abit loose. when you pull in the clutch that would not vibrate the bars. I have aluminum bar ends..did not seem to effect it...

Last edited:
hi lucid,

i am an auto mech by trade, and say that you have a rear wheel drive car that vibrates while driving. if you put the car in neutral while holding a steady speed, and the vibration goes away then you know that you have a drive-train problem(u-joints, driveshaft, etc.).

ok, so by this logic, the vibration that you dont fell after you disengage would mean to me that you have issue possibly from the clutch outwards (chain, sprockets ?).

i am pretty sure that there are some seriously sharp bike guys that will chime in.

hi lucid,

i am an auto mech by trade, and say that you have a rear wheel drive car that vibrates while driving. if you put the car in neutral while holding a steady speed, and the vibration goes away then you know that you have a drive-train problem(u-joints, driveshaft, etc.).

ok, so by this logic, the vibration that you dont fell after you disengage would mean to me that you have issue possibly from the clutch outwards (chain, sprockets ?).

i am pretty sure that there are some seriously sharp bike guys that will chime in.

I think you may have said opposite what you meant to say or if you said it right then you are confused. If you put the car/bike in neutral or pull the clutch in and you STILL have the issue you DO HAVE driveline issue. If it goes away then you have isolated it to an engine related problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

if u-joints (drive-train) are failing, vibration will be under load while moving. remove load...

if wheel/ tire assembly out of balance, vibration will not change, load or no load.

if the engine is out of balance, you will get a vibration with engine running, vehicle moving or not.

:poke:

The 4500 RPM vibration issue seems to show up on many of the Gen II Busa's.

Many that have it, have tried about anything you can think of to resolve it.

You can start feeling it at 4500 RMS's and it doesn't matter what gear you're in or if you have the clutch pulled it. You throttle up to 4500 RPMS and it's there and what an irritation going down the road for a long trip or just throttling up to just get on it.

I've installed a pair of extra heavy bar ends and it does little to help with this vibration. You can feel it through out the bike, not just in the grips.

In the Gen II posts and on other Busa sites this pops up every now and then and there's still no posted resolution. I have 2 - 2009 Busa's in my household and both have this vibration at 4500 RPMs.

It's like the hard to shift issues and the false neutrals between gears, some Busa owners have it and other's have never had any of this happen and wonder what the heck we're talking about.

Mine is engine related. When the clutch is in it goes away. Say on the highway for example, pull the clutch in at about 75 and the vibration ends.

I know this is an old thread, but it is relative to my situation, and was wondering if in the time of this thread someone found a solution?

I just purchased a 2003 Hayabusa, 11k miles, completely stock except for a KN air filter. The bike is vibrating terrible, causing my hands to go numb, more severe at 3k-5k rpms. Any solutions??

I know this is an old thread, but it is relative to my situation, and was wondering if in the time of this thread someone found a solution?

I just purchased a 2003 Hayabusa, 11k miles, completely stock except for a KN air filter. The bike is vibrating terrible, causing my hands to go numb, more severe at 3k-5k rpms. Any solutions??

Make sure the bar ends are in place. The heavy throttlemeister throttle lock and ends help also. These bikes do buzz a little over 4500 rpm but shouldn't be enough to make your hands go numb.

Could be a number of things...

If it has stock bars and bar ends, you should be ok... Mine vibes a bit and hand goes numb after a while, but your situation sounds severe.
It could be you wheels as well (bearings shot, wheels not balanced, etc)
Spark Plugs may need to be changed.
(if the previous owner did any engine work, he may have removed the counter balancer. Causing the bike to vibrate like a bastard).

Was it ever laid down previously?

Back