Ever stand there , slack jawed , scratching your head , wondering wtf ?

bigdr

Chief Guinness Taster
Donating Member
Registered
I was sorting out the datatool gps as the new speedohealer messed up the calibration .
I was also chasing down that loose headlight connection , so the cockpit was pretty much bare .
So , as I was changing gear for the set up I noticed every time I pulled in the clutch the high beam would flash .. WTF ?
I had recently put on a Brembo RCS16 clutch m/s , so I switched the wires , unplugged both wires , still flashing the high beam ..Weird .. Stood there ... lost . Started to think what else could be causing it .. I found out eventually .

Post up your answer .. First correct answer wins a week living with Rubberducky .. Second correct answer .... Wins TWO weeks lol ...

You want answers to yer problem...thats fine...but you gotta offer a prize people will want...not run screaming from....:eek:
Rubb.

Only thing I can remotely think.. 1 is the wires are tapped wrong which you said are not the cause.. Only other I can think is the clutch lever hitting the flash to pass button on the switch block.

Only other I can think is the clutch lever hitting the flash to pass button on the switch block.

Yes we have a winner .. too stupid to believe until I saw what was happening , when I pulled in the lever it was touching the pass button , just pushed in down a little , problem solved ..

You win first prize , unless you , of course , want to donate it to someone more deserving .. lol ..

You were pressing the yellow button for the pass light when you pulled the lever.

You came in second , what a lucky chap , you get to spend TWO weeks with Rubberducky in his two man tent , on an island the size of a packet of smokes , with a single sleeping bag .. You lucky lucky bastard ..

You can be any spoon Rubb tells you to be ...
So @ottafish ....how you doin'....
blonde.gif
big boy...

First night I thought we would play Peek-A-Boo...
smileyexhibit.gif

Then,in the morning...after the drugs wear off...we'll play a little game I like to call...
"Escaped Convict and the Warden's wife"
How's your pain threshold...
eye brow.gif

whip.gif

Rubb >
kiss.gif
< otta'

So @ottafish ....how you doin'....View attachment 1626148 big boy...

First night I thought we would play Peek-A-Boo...View attachment 1626149

Then,in the morning...after the drugs wear off...we'll play a little game I like to call...
"Escaped Convict and the Warden's wife"
How's your pain threshold...View attachment 1626151
View attachment 1626150
Rubb >View attachment 1626152< otta'

Me thinks Rubb may be a doing word, not a naming word :eek:
I'll get to practacing: "Oh, Mr Convict.. I am but a fair maiden, one who would never ........... "

4f58799ba0e74a7cd13e9d250627669d.png

I think I can safely say he's thrilled at the prospect .. He even asked should he bring any board games , I told him I didn't think he'd have the time , but being 'bored' was definately on the cards ..

I was sorting out the datatool gps as the new speedohealer messed up the calibration .
I was also chasing down that loose headlight connection , so the cockpit was pretty much bare .
So , as I was changing gear for the set up I noticed every time I pulled in the clutch the high beam would flash .. WTF ?
I had recently put on a Brembo RCS16 clutch m/s , so I switched the wires , unplugged both wires , still flashing the high beam ..Weird .. Stood there ... lost . Started to think what else could be causing it .. I found out eventually .

Post up your answer .. First correct answer wins a week living with Rubberducky .. Second correct answer .... Wins TWO weeks lol ...

Have I ever stood there scratching my head....???? Many times and sometimes over the smallest, stupid thing.

I recall one time I changed out the coil on my CR250R..after putting it all together, it wouldn't start...I thought 'what the heck now?' I took it all apart again and after a close look, I noted I didn't click the connector all the way in. I grabbed it and heard a "click" when it snapped together....it was a good feeling to find the issue but for a time there it was a real brain stumper....

Another time, I was working on my son's GSX750F for him as it was running like crap....thinking it was carburetion, I was messing with those trying to get it to run properly...after a while I decided to check the plugs thinking one of them was bad...he told me he just changed them but I thought I'd check anyway..

As soon as I got the tank off and went to take off the first plug wire.....I noticed it had the number 2 band on it and the second plug had the number 1 on it...I switched the plug wires, put the tank on loosely and started the bike....it ran like it was brand new.....

Back