EV vehicles

I recall one time Rubb told us that there used to be some wild times on this forum where people actually threatened to go find another member and do harm to them....he said he had to intervene several times.... I think we are all pretty level-headed on this forum these days....and the ones who aren't are no longer posting it seems...

Some of them and newer members are still posting. Heck I would have loved to be in the same room during some of the discussions lol.
Regardless this forum has a code not often found. It’s mostly because of our leader Captain. He leads by example very effectively.
Emotions. Can’t live without them but you also can’t let them run your life.

Hydrogen powered HotRod. Negative Carbon. There are other ways we can solve environmental problems

I am an advocate of hydrogen being the most practical and easier to implement.

It was very eloquently put here. There's theory on paper. But that only goes so far. Then you have to figure out how to make it work. That sums up EVs pretty good.

Last edited:
I recall one time Rubb told us that there used to be some wild times on this forum where people actually threatened to go find another member and do harm to them....he said he had to intervene several times....

I think we are all pretty level-headed on this forum these days....and the ones who aren't are no longer posting it seems...
I'm just the opposite. I will keep them as far away as possible. It's pretty easy to put people on ignore here. They are no longer relevant.

To give you a comparison and ignoring most of the reasons why my dad lives in Damascus. He only gets power for 1-2 hours a day and it’s always at random times. That’s it. Been that way for almost ten years now.
As bad as it is here in some places I hope it won’t be as bad as it is elsewhere.
I don’t see how countries like Syria and most of the rest of the world will ever drive or have EVs. People barely get by now as it is. How will they afford them? How will they charge them? Where will they charge them as the grids are laughable in the rest of the world?
Precisely what I said. When 95% of the consumers can't get access to it, it's a tough sell.

Coal is a leap ahead in progress in many parts of the world. Thank God it's plentiful. And cheap. It helps far more of the population have a better life. Brings electricity to economies that don't even have it.

I don’t see how countries like Syria and most of the rest of the world will ever drive or have EVs. People barely get by now as it is. How will they afford them? How will they charge them? Where will they charge them as the grids are laughable in the rest of the world?
You're saying that power grid wise, most of the rest of the world is in the same situation as Syria? The mismanagement and corruption there are dire, but to put the rest of the world at that level is a reach. The transition to EV will not be easy, and I truly love the science of internal combustion as much as anyone, but it's time to as they say, face the music.

You're saying that power grid wise, most of the rest of the world is in the same situation as Syria? The mismanagement and corruption there are dire, but to put the rest of the world at that level is a reach. The transition to EV will not be easy, and I truly love the science of internal combustion as much as anyone, but it's time to as they say, face the music.
The grid there is quite good. It’s just half a century old with an ever increasing population like everywhere else. They can’t handle the daily draw for common needs. How about all of Africa? South America? Grids around the rest of the world are antiquated at best. You think people in Sudan will love to drive a Tesla? Rural Chile? It’s laughable to be trying to force the USA and its citizens to buy into this.
THEM FIRST. Then come see me.

Wuzza is right. If the auto manufacturers decide to go all electric, it’s their call. Regardless, millions of ICE vehicles will still be around. We’ll see how this goes.

Wuzza is right. If the auto manufacturers decide to go all electric, it’s their call. Regardless, millions of ICE vehicles will still be around. We’ll see how this goes.
Sadly the government has their nose stuck into the auto industry and are imposing EV sales and development.....at least here in Canada and I've seen something similar in the US.

ICE will survive as long as the government keeps a grip on fuel prices but here in Canada they have ceased oil and gas subsidies to the companies so we all know where that will lead...unobtainable gas prices at the pump which fits nicely into the green (government) narrative...

The automakers welcome governmental support in switching to EVs. They are the ones selling vehicles, and and that's what their research shows to be the best path. It may not prove to be, but in the U.S, polls show, to a tune of 55%, a majority of the registered voters agree with an eventual switch to electric. 10% answered not sure, so that leaves 35% against it. That's a 20 point swing. The auto makers are not blind to this.

The automakers welcome governmental support in switching to EVs. They are the ones selling vehicles, and and that's what their research shows to be the best path. It may not prove to be, but in the U.S, polls show, to a tune of 55%, a majority of the registered voters agree with an eventual switch to electric. 10% answered not sure, so that leaves 35% against it. That's a 20 point swing. The auto makers are not blind to this.
The government here in Canada is sticking it's nose into the implementation of EV. This isn't automakers and will of the people deciding it's time for EV, it's the government dictating this change...Canadians and Americans are different people it seems...

"J.D. Power's Canada Electric Vehicle Consideration (EVC) Study, the second annual report on the topic, found that 66 per cent of Canadians said they were unlikely to consider buying an electric vehicle for their next car purchase – higher than the 53 per cent of respondents who felt that way in 2022."

"On December 21st the Liberal government published draft regulations requiring that all new passenger vehicles and light trucks sold in Canada after 2035 be electric zero-emission vehicles."

It looks as though the current US government is sticking it's nose in as well through legislations...

Last edited:
I think the poll you found is posted on a less biased web site.
2021 poll

I own 5 vehicles, no electric ones, but I totally understand the incentives given for buying electric. Incentives are just that, a recommendation. Call it sticking one's nose in, some may call it common sense.
Being on 2 wheels almost exclusively keeps reminding me how nice it is to be behind a Tesla at a stop sign instead of a big pick up with tail pipes pointed at me.

I think the poll you found is posted on a less biased web site.
2021 poll

I own 5 vehicles, no electric ones, but I totally understand the incentives given for buying electric. Incentives are just that, a recommendation. Call it sticking one's nose in, some may call it common sense.
Being on 2 wheels almost exclusively keeps reminding me how nice it is to be behind a Tesla at a stop sign instead of a big pick up with tail pipes pointed at me.
What I posted is the latest and greatest....that I could find...

Governmental overreach is just that....when it sticks it's nose into commerce and writes legislation for change which has a profit dollar attached, there is the problem....the "climate crisis" is a great way to gain control over a population and if anyone argues this change, they are immediately labelled....

And I'm not talking incentives (there are none offered in Canada for EV anymore), I'm talking the government stepping in and forcing the sale of EV and omission of ICE....and to what end?

Even if we were to stop all use of ALL ICE (ships, aircraft, vehicles, etc, etc) it would not be enough to stop the global temperature from rising....I would wager say some of this data is flawed due to global wildfires and active volcanoes creating heat, CO2 and the like-probably more than all the ICE vehicles combined.

Known facts regarding EV:

1) They still require petroleum to build them (plastic, composites, metal foundries, rubber, etc)
2) They still need petroleum to deliver them
3) Depending on where they are made, the factories are burning petroleum or coal for power
4) Depending on where you live, there is some sort of either petroleum or coal to charge them
5) The mining for Lithium and other precious metals for battery fabrication is both very destructive and non-renewable
6) Currently there is an issue with thermal combustion with EV batteries-this may change but is a reality now. Many places won't allow EV to be either be stored or charged indoors as a result. Where will people park these things?
7) for now electricity is affordable but just wait until it is the sole source of energy...all caps will be off and people will pay a huge premium, and I will wager these home charging stations will have other fees attached to them....nothing is free or inexpensive these days.

If the government stepped in and made a legislation depicting that no vehicle (ICE) can be modified in any way that would omit emissions systems, there would be a revolt and billions of annual revenue would be lost......and the government knows this...

Finally, I would guarantee that if I was on this forum staunchly defending all things EV, I'd be an EV owner...there is obviously something that keeps you and other like-minded people from owning EV.

What I posted is the latest and greatest....that I could find...
I clearly stated that your link was from a less biased website. In other words, a better link.
Your last sentence...staunchly defending? If I staunchly believed EV was so much better and would show you a real argument. The truth is I've loved the science of the internal combstion engine since I was a teenager and realized how they work. I think EV is cool but never as cool as ICE. On this subject, you and your anti EV friends are such easy prey I couldn't stop the devil's advocate side of me lol.

I clearly stated that your link was from a less biased website. In other words, a better link.
Your last sentence...staunchly defending? If I staunchly believed EV was so much better and would show you a real argument. The truth is I've loved the science of the internal combstion engine since I was a teenager and realized how they work. I think EV is cool but never as cool as ICE. On this subject, you and your anti EV friends are such easy prey I couldn't stop the devil's advocate side of me lol.
You might note, there are a lot of anti-EV people...more so than pro-EV...and I can see this number growing once the realization of how poorly we are prepared for EV in our nations...and globally....

If somewhere like Taiwan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, African nations and other such nations were to covert to full EV, you would have my attention.......I don't see that happening in my lifetime and many of these countries hold a lot of the global population.

I welcome a real pro-EV argument that negates the points I made...I think they would have their hands full. I didn't pull my points out of my arse.

I'm not anti-EV, I'm anti non-preparedness....I know for a fact my nation isn't any where near ready to accept a change to full EV....and won't be in 2030 either unless some serious, serious planning and funding goes into the concept.

You might note, there are a lot of anti-EV people...more so than pro-EV...and I can see this number growing once the realization of how poorly we are prepared for EV in our nations...and globally....

If somewhere like Taiwan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, African nations and other such nations were to covert to full EV, you would have my attention.......I don't see that happening in my lifetime and many of these countries hold a lot of the global population.

I welcome a real pro-EV argument that negates the points I made...I think they would have their hands full. I didn't pull my points out of my arse.

I'm not anti-EV, I'm anti non-preparedness....I know for a fact my nation isn't any where near ready to accept a change to full EV....and won't be in 2030 either unless some serious, serious planning and funding goes into the concept.
It could go something like this. The U.S. govt will put up $50T to make EV tech accessible to the masses. Then the EV manufacturers will have to put up another $50T to do the same. And we will get higher taxes for the first half of the $50T and the EV manufacturers will raise the price per car sold to get back the $50T they put up.

If you don't buy an EV you still get hit with some cost. If you want to support a better climate you get to pay more in EV cost.

It could go something like this. The U.S. govt will put up $50T to make EV tech accessible to the masses. Then the EV manufacturers will have to put up another $50T to do the same. And we will get higher taxes for the first half of the $50T and the EV manufacturers will raise the price per car sold to get back the $50T they put up.

If you don't buy an EV you still get hit with some cost. If you want to support a better climate you get to pay more in EV cost.
Our government here paid $6billion to Volkswagen to make a battery plant for their vehicles...then Stellantis (Chrysler) which was already building a battery plant heard this, stopped production and threatened to leave Canada unless they too received the same payment....so our government ponied up $6billion to them. Always nice to hold a government ransom....

Then we roll around to the eventual costs to make the power grid able to support EV and will see those costs trickle down like a fire hose to the end users....it's only a matter of time.

Back