Engine balancer removal

Gasabusa: If U use the search engine U will find out that TOJ from sweden did remove the balancer. He reported that it gave him almost 2 hp.

I believe there are different gains from this mod depending on how much Hp your Busa has. The more Hp....The bigger & better gain you'll get.

I'd like to tell everyone that it's a good idea to balance your cranks if your going to take these off. It's not a must....but it's something to think about.

jay when will you offer stroker studs for the bus and when will the mtc head kz 7mm stroker kaw studs be done?dyno coming in 2wks.wanna melt some schit bafore the season starts.

When I tested the balancer removal I did it the same day and the improvment was just 1,8 rwhp and my busa had over 180rwhp then.
If you look at the balancer it´s really tiny and the removal correspond well to the 2 hp improvment.

Motorhead;

In this batch of Kaw studs, there is one set that are all 8 inches. Is that you? If not, call us as that one set is the only specials we are running this batch.

Jay

those are for the mtc head can you run a set off for the gpz head also for a+7mm stroke long rod crank pleeeeeaaaasssseeee?also what is the biggest piston kit you have for the gpz (83/84 bath tub chamber)head need 89 mm 20mm pin.blanks(CANT TELL EVERYTHING)

Stock 'busa cranks are not balanced very well. This is because of the counter balancer, they don't need to be. Same with the Honda Blackbird.

If I was removing the counter balancer and it was going to be a rtace engine, I would certainly balance the crank.

Something else to consider... On the Blackbird, when we stroke them, we have to remove the teeth from the crank gear that drives the balancer, because the piston skirt will hit it at b.d.c.

We are now doing our first 'busa stroker. It has a larger diameter balancer gear than the Honda. It will almost certainly have to be removed also. Will let you know.

Jay

For the GPZ head 7 mm stroker, would that be standard kawasaki length + 3.5 mm?

Call John on Monday and give him an order for them. We still have time to get them in.

Jay

Back