El Mirage Land Speed Racing

V8Pinto

Registered
Looks like I'm finally getting it all together and will (crossing fingers) make it to Muroc to run my first land speed racing event.

To say the least, I'm way stoked! If anybody else makes it, feel free to say hello. I'll be a white 06' limited running in production class.

there's a LSR at maxton N.C. May 19-20. I'll be there. Good luck on your run. It looks to be a blast. The line is long so take an umbrella girl

(V8Pinto @ May 01 2007,06:31) Looks like I'm finally getting it all together and will (crossing fingers) make it to Muroc to run my first land speed racing event.  

To say the least, I'm way stoked!  If anybody else makes it, feel free to say hello.  I'll be a white 06' limited running in production class.
Good luck! Be safe!

btw... it wont be white for long....
beerchug.gif

Have fun and be careful! I have spent a lot of time out at El Mirage riding and racing dirt bikes and absolutely love the place. I ran my Nitrous GSXR 1100 back in 91 and let me tell you running a bike close to 200 miles per hour on dirt can be scary. I ran 2x's and that was enough for me. Stay safe!

I was planning on running nitrous but want to get my licensing out of the way and really play it safe while I'm doing it. I figure there will be plenty of time to get crazy so I left the bike stock.

Now that it's getting closer I am starting to think about dirt and close to 200mph...

How are the ruts? Ruts and a high speed wobble are my main concerns.

I'm goign to Bonniville next summer to do some runs during speed week. I don't think that riding 200 on dirt would be very good . But Good Luck if you do !!

The course they run you on is fairly well preserved. The stock steering dampener should be fine but it wouldn't hurt to have an adjustable one as a nice safety precaution. The biggest problem I had was traction. It is notoriously difficult to get traction, even at flat out top speed. the traction loss causes the bike to get into a weave, which if you tense up will caust the bike to headshake. You have to stay calm and allow the bike to move around beneath you otherwise it gets too had to hold on to.

Good luck.

Back