ECU editor question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so I got the interface installed yesterday. I derestricted the bike. I also shut the PAIR off. Seems like there is more popping in the exhaust than before. I have a KN and Two brothers slips ons. Any input? Thanks in advance.

Don

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

did you do the PAIR block off above the exhaust? the popping noise is common on an exhaust swap...

Don,
Sixpack577 had some similar issues with a Busa or two. When we flashed mine I opted to leave it on and block it off at the airbox. He would be the one to better answer why.

I had a similar situation with my friends 2008 GSXR1000 when I flashed his bike. I derestricted it and disabled the pair valve, but the pair valve was still hooked up and back firing on deceleration bad so I re-flashed it with the pair valve active and it stopped.

Don,
Sixpack577 had some similar issues with a Busa or two. When we flashed mine I opted to leave it on and block it off at the airbox. He would be the one to better answer why.

I don't why it does that either Chef:laugh:
I turned the PAIR off on one Busa with the marble mod and another without.
The one with the marble mod was uneffected.
The one with slipons and no marble mod popped worse with the PAIR disabled.
We turned the PAIR back on and the popping went away(tried it twice with same results).
I just leave the PAIR on and do the marble mod from now on.

I don't why it does that either Chef:laugh:
I turned the PAIR off on one Busa with the marble mod and another without.
The one with the marble mod was uneffected.
The one with slipons and no marble mod popped worse with the PAIR disabled.
We turned the PAIR back on and the popping went away(tried it twice with same results).
I just leave the PAIR on and do the marble mod from now on.

My assumption would be that the PAIR is turned off and can no longer regulate the airflow.
Therefore without the lines blocked air can still flow through, hence more popping.
I think turning off the PAIR is only useful if you plan on removing it, which of course means blocking the lines anyway.:beerchug:

Mine did the same thing, remove the PAIR valve, it is just better all around as the reading from the O2 sensor will be more accurate as well.

I will be removing the PAIR when I install a full system. Hoping to buy that in May.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Back