Ebay fraud

needlepimp

Quasi-Rookie
Donating Member
Registered
Ebay fraud in my opinion. check it out.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Suzuki-Hayabusa-Customized_W0QQitemZ250157054550QQihZ015QQcategoryZ50030QQssPageNameZ
WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

I sent ebay an email about it. i cant believe these guys
guns.gif

Pretty bike, but when someone starts trying to get ebay buyers to contact them off ebay, they're trying to defraud either ebay (out of seller fees) or the buyer - or both...

tell him that you and 4 or 5 of your friends are going to come pick it up in person, and you'll be bringing a check with you.

(ibified @ Aug. 21 2007,20:27) tell him that you and 4 or 5 of your friends are going to come pick it up in person, and you'll be bringing a check with you.
+1
muscle.gif

You see them every now and then. Someone's account got hijacked and they are trying to make off with the money before someone notices. Happens more often than Ebay will admit too - remember all those "update your ebay (or paypal) account emails?" Phishing.....

Just to get their goat, I tell them I'm nearby and will bring cash. I'm excited and please reply. I only have cash though....
laugh.gif

It has now been removed from Ebay. I've seen the same thing on Craigslist. I've seen a few beautiful, custom bikes that had to be worth at least $15,000 being offered for 4 or 5 grand. The catch is usually the same. They'll say they're moving or just moved and the bike is in a different location from them and you can pick the bike up from their wife, brother, friend, etc. The catch is they won't communicate by phone and they always need all or part of the money wired immediately via Western Union or the like due to an "emergency". An obvious rip off but desperate, gullible people still fall for it.

I exchanged a few emails a while back with a guy selling a member's bike...I'd seen the bike so much here, even gave away a set of clear alternative lenses for this project bike (it's now Pipefighter's Busa), so I knew the bike, knew it was a scam...the msgs this guy kept sending me trying to convince me he was legit were hysterical.  He finally resorted to just being nasty to me and then disappeared.  It was quite funny; I even made up some gmail acct so he'd never track me to this site  
laugh.gif
I like screwing with 'em to see how long they'll try to get you to take the bait...

Damn shame people fall for it; pays to do a lot of research before you take a leap of faith like that...

(VaBusa @ Aug. 22 2007,12:34) Damn shame people fall for it; pays to do a lot of research before you take a leap of faith like that...
Greed is an interesting thing. It does weird things to people....
wow.gif

Back