dyno #\'s, 1/4 et, \"Motorcyclist mag\"

OB_ZXALAN

Registered
Hey guys, I am new to the board here and I have a few questions I hope you all can help me with. I have a Y2K Blue Busa that I feel runs fairly well for my novice riding ability (10.08 @ 145.6mph with a soft 1.96 60'). Last weekend I took it to be dyno tuned and it only put out 158 hp and 98 lbft. To me this seems low compared to what I have read on the board that others have done with the same parts. That test was a 4th gear test. In the 5 gear acceleration test it dynoed 161 hp but only 95 lbft. This was a Dynojet 150 with atmosphere correction. The bike has 1880 miles and is equipped with Yoshi RS3, full air box mod with short stacks and a 5,5,0 setting on the box. I just read the june "Motorcyclist" and am wondering is my bike the restricted terd they say the 2000's are? Thank for the help!!

How much do you weigh ? 60' time could be 1.75, or better. 330' would also improve. You could see 9.7 ~ 9.8 et. Don't worry much about dyno. They vary. Your mph in the quarter a more reliable indicator of power.

I weigh about 160 lbs or so in gear and that was the first time I had that bike at the track. I also went about three 10.4's and a 10.15@144.92mph. With more practice I hope for the nines but the stock clutch grabs to hard. Thought about the Brock clutch but I heard it eats plates and discs excessively. I ride a lot so I dont want to kill relability worse then the busa already is with its fuel filters, clogging intake valves, and cam chain tensioner.

the brock mod works fine and does not hurt your clutches.try mixed stacks and longs and see what happens.what filter are you running in your airbox?

I am still using the stock filter but when the cash permits I will get a BMC. I am still having a few fuel injection bugs to work out under 3000 rpms. Doesnt feel like it revs clean. Under hard, quick acceleration I get a little bog or hesistation, but then it pulls and pulls hard. Gonna play with the yoshi box on the A Adj side tonight. Any Ideas?

Back