Dyno run...what do you think of my air/fuel?

stangman327

Registered
Last week Dozerdriver and I were fudging around with a few different Bazazz maps just to see how we liked the difference between them. The map that we liked the most had a “flatâ€￾ spot in the 3000-4000 range as soon as you dumped the throttle. After looking at it we noticed that within that range the cells appeared to be tuned rather lean so after a few “minorâ€￾ adjustments were made the flat spot was removed and both bikes ran rather well.

This past Saturday we decided to ride out to the Motorcycle Center of Maryland ( The Motorcycle Center of Maryland ) located in Boonsboro, MD to get a $25 dyno run just to see what kind of power it made and more importantly the air/fuel ratio.

As you can see it did a 177 SAE…what do you think of the air/fuel curve?

Oh yea the run was done on my Busa only which has about 11,000 miles, stock air filter, marble mod and a Tsukigi Canon. It was about 85 that day and humidity was decent.

chart.jpg

Next time have the dyno operator chart the run in RPM and NOT MPH... :banghead:

Otherwise, looks pretty darn good minus a little tweaking but it's probably closer than some of the other maps. Remember that bike will probably run very well at the track. If you lean it out for peak dyno numbers 13.1-.5, etc...the bike will be slower. Do you want a dyno queen or a bike faster on the road?

Which map is this BTW? :beerchug:

Next time have the dyno operator chart the run in RPM and NOT MPH... :banghead:

Otherwise, looks pretty darn good minus a little tweaking but it's probably closer than some of the other maps. Remember that bike will probably run very well at the track. If you lean it out for peak dyno numbers 13.1-.5, etc...the bike will be slower. Do you want a dyno queen or a bike faster on the road?

Which map is this BTW? :beerchug:

agreed. RPM not MPH. Mine is a little erratic till 4500 RPM,then levels out (bouncing around a bit) but over 12.0 and under 13.0 till 10,500 RPM

RSD.

It is a HPC map that Greg gave with the Cannon pipe power package....should get it tweaked tomorrow. The Dyno guy didn't know how to get to a place to measure rpm. Said he had to get to a spark wire....lol

It is a HPC map that Greg gave with the Cannon pipe power package....should get it tweaked tomorrow. The Dyno guy didn't know how to get to a place to measure rpm. Said he had to get to a spark wire....lol

He was pretty much right. You can usually get a decent signal on a Busa from the coil wire, either directly at the coil, or at the ECU. The low level signal clip needs to be used (not the one with a separate ground clamp).

So why such a difference between your bike and his with same map?

If the dyno operator doesn't know how to get an RPM signal you need to find a new dyno... :banghead:

Did either of you try the one I sent?

Yes...we both tried the map you sent and it has more then one dead spot. I didn't run this map on the Dyno with my bike....they were two other maps I have. I am using this map we just checked on Bretts bike and it feels good on mine also. Getting my bike tuned today and I will post the results ( different Dyno and shop though)...

Define dead spot? Also, my bike ran all short stacks so you'll have to tweak it a little for your setup/bike. It's just to get you started, no map is the same in every bike.... ;)

Hindle pipes with Brock's name are nice... but I love the sound and craftsmanship of the Tsukigi.

Brock can confirm what he wants but last I checked, he designs the pipe he wants his name on and Hindle builds them. It's not just a rebaded product. But whatever makes you sleep at night... :poke:

You want sound, I prefer performance... :laugh:

Back