Dumb ass right here!

Cloud 9, you learned a great lesson that night, and it was not near as costly as it could have been !!

And you were honest enough to post here, so as to give someone else a valuable lesson as well.

Peace to all !!

I am too old for this crap, that is for sure... I am in my late 20s and my bro just turned 20. It was one of those times that I thought I would hang with the "kids."

Guess I couldn't hand afterall and truth be known, that will be the last time I hang with them in that manner...

Forgot to put in my original post... in regards to the video taping... I wish I could of had video tape of it. My bro and his freinds didn't think I was going to recover that is how close I was to a wreck... When I parked it, they said I had to be the luckiest guy that night or the best driver they ever seen...

I know I wasn't the best driver that night, so I guess I was extremely lucky...wish I could see it today from an objective perspective, but wouldn't want to duplicate the even for sure.
Being to old for a thing is a double edged sword.  You want to be too old for the silly sh*t but young enough to have fun.  Sometimes you just have to re-align your idea of fun.

:rant: It's important that we as men Grow up, but the key is to not grow old.  You see them everywhere, young 30 something men all screwed down by there wives, and Kids, and work, and bills, and career prospects, and the mortgage, and on and on.... They look miserable, sitting in their cars in traffic, so angry that someone wants to get in front of them, so unable to control their own lives and destiny's that the road is where they attempt to exercise some control.  The succsessful college grad who is slowly realizing that money really isn't everything, that social status is a lie, and the trappings of status will in the end pin you to the ground. Stranded, stuck in his position by the trophy wife who he doesn't like anymore, and the 2.5 kids he avoids by working late at a job he hates.  Poor bastards cannot quit, are not in control of their lives, and are certainly not having any fun...

:rant:

The key (I THINK) is to learn how to bust out your inner child and have fun while at the same time managing the realities of adult life and the responsibilites you have yourself and those around you.  Example?  Burn a Bowl and eat a twinky Might be fun, let your inner child get loose for awhile... Burn a bowl ride a Sportbike, inner child is all for it,  :thumbsup: but it's at these times that you have to tell him no. There needs to be a defining line between Good fun, exciting fun, dangerous fun, and deadly fun.  The first three are all good but you have to shut down your inner child and look around a little when they start suggesting the "deadly fun"....

Blah Blah I am  rambling....

REV
Rev,
I preach this to my classes constantly.  I teach auto shop and tell my kids the keys to life are:
1. Find something you like doing, and find someone to pay you to do it.
2. Grow up, don't grow old.

I am respectfully asking permission to read your post to my class.  

Thanks for saying it so well.

Mike Drobitsky

P.S. Cloud... with a name like Drobitsky, they have to call me Mr. D!
:D

I'm a simple gal, I admit...but every time I read this thread, I just have to laugh...

Never thought I'd see someone post admittance to smoking weed and trying to ride...I mean, I've embarrassed myself by dropping the Busa and I've done some pretty dumb things I'll admit to, but this... :tounge:

With a name like Cloud9, I'm guessing this is a normal pasttime...to each his own (hell, if it were legal, well, I won't go there)...just don't ride man...kind of like to have you around for a long time to tell us the outcome of "smoking weed and cooking on the grill" or "smoking weed and trying to program the time on your DVD player"...hate to see you get hurt with such diminished senses...

Ride safe...smoke weed without keys in your hand...thanks for the story though...you wouldn't happen to be blonde, would you?! :bounce:
:D

Mr. D, I'm flattered...   :sad:  

Feel free to share with the students...Though I might switch the "Burn A Bowl" to "Drink a Beer".  I dunno...I don't smoke, but I would rather hang out with folks that have been smoking rather than drinking...I have yet to have a nicely baked guy try to "Kick My Ass".  Have had plenty of drunks try though, so maybe leave it as is.   Maybe this will be the generation to legalize it, Tax it, and really kick start the ole' economy...

Anyway, yeah help yourself, I would love to claim 100% responsibility for the creative thought involved but alas outside influences have largely shaped my perceptions, of what may or may not be the "proper" way to get through life.
 The Magazine "Adbusters"  has played a key role, as did college and the educational system mixed in with four years active duty military.  Then stir in a white hot hatred for most things "status" or whatever Mtv or the Government is "feeding" the nation.  What you get is a slightly edgy guy who understands enough about life at this point, to know I don't know Sh*t.  So all you can do is work hard doing something you like, ride fast (sometimes), love your wife, watch the Simpsons, and be freakin happy...for rich or poor, life should be fun, there is no other reason to be here...  Now I am going to go smoke a cigarette cause it irritates the SOF guys...   :devil:

Rev the Role Model? Did you ever think? :tounge:
I'm kidding...you've always got great insight Keith...

VaBusa, like I said previously... I was real hesitant to post due to the backlash and I deserve more backlash then when I have gotten...

On the other hand... I hate to tell y'all this, but this isn't the only stupid thing I have done in my life and I am sure it won't be the last. Back in my younger days, I thought I could fly... (another story all together) after a herniated disk, a surgery, and almost a crumbled marriage, got that stupid mistake out of the way.

Don't know what to say, other then... DUMB ASS RIGHT HERE... at least on that day.

Yea... you guessed it, I am blonde.

I stated in my previous thread up above, CLOUD9 was chosen for the feeling the bike gave me, nothing else. I have nothing to hide and nothing to loose by telling y'all my story or the truth for that matter. Take it with a grain of salt, learn from my mistake, or simply be entertained and "laugh." I am here to please...I am not stupid and if I was a druggy, I wouldn't have bought the Busa, that would have been... suicidal for sure.

Take care all...

Cloud9

relatively new to the board... Here is my bike and I

DSC00321.JPG

VaBusa, like I said previously... I was real hesitant to post due to the backlash and I deserve more backlash then when I have gotten...

On the other hand... I hate to tell y'all this, but this isn't the only stupid thing I have done in my life and I am sure it won't be the last. Back in my younger days, I thought I could fly... (another story all together) after a herniated disk, a surgery, and almost a crumbled marriage, got that stupid mistake out of the way.

Don't know what to say, other then... DUMB ASS RIGHT HERE... at least on that day.

Yea... you guessed it, I am blonde.

I stated in my previous thread up above, CLOUD9 was chosen for the feeling the bike gave me, nothing else. I have nothing to hide and nothing to loose by telling y'all my story or the truth for that matter. Take it with a grain of salt, learn from my mistake, or simply be entertained and "laugh." I am here to please...I am not stupid and if I was a druggy, I wouldn't have bought the Busa, that would have been... suicidal for sure.

Take care all...

Cloud9
No hard feelings I hope Cloud9? That wasn't my intention, and I certainly didn't mean for you to further defend yourself...

I just kept giggling to myself and couldn't think of much to say other than what I did...perhaps I should have just left it at reading your story and not replying :super:

We've all done incredibly stupid things...it's just the first time I'd seen that kind of post, that's all...

My bad, by the way...I missed the explanation of "Cloud9"

As for being a blonde...well, join the club...I'm always using the "I'm a blonde!" as a defense of sorts...I was just kidding around with you...

Thanks for the story again...

Hope I didn't offend you...and I am glad you saved the bike before dropping it!

BTW - I'm WAY blonder than you!  Better watch out...I might be posting a "dumb ass here" story before too long...hell, I think I already have!  :D

Denver...that's where I was born...my sister lives there now...great riding I'm sure..

(this is not me kissing ass...really...just making conversation)
:bounce:

Didn't mean to come accross defensive VaBusa, sometimes it is hard to show exactly what you are saying via writing with no visuals...

Didn't take it wrong whatsoever... just elaborating on your post :D

Like I said in my first post, I deserve it and when I do, I will bow down to it... overall, I think everyone has been overly kind to me which has been a pleasant surprise. I was kind of worried that I would damn near be kicked off the board with a post like this one. Nice to know that you all are a little understanding, even if it was an extreme act of stupidity... Like you said, "we all make mistakes, but this..." I thought the same thing to myself the next day... :cool:

Cloud9

I am a little defensive I think in my posts, but its not over the event... just don't want ya'll to think I am a dumbass on a regular basis...

Cloud9

Can I ask that when you guys post pics of yourself and bikes you use a pic showing crappy weather and rubbish scenary, for the benefit of all the jealous ones of us across the 'pond' :tounge:
(I'll find one of me, in the rain, stuck in traffic:D )

p.s Cloud9, the bike looks great in Black/Silver

Andy

I am a little defensive I think in my posts, but its not over the event... just don't want ya'll to think I am a dumbass on a regular basis...

Cloud9
Oh, so you've got something against "dumbasses on a regular basis"?! :withstupid:

No worries Cloud9...

I've got tons of "hey, look at me" stories...some involve alcohol :alcoholic: and a swimming pool...the final outcome was my face being scraped along the bottom of the shallow end when I dove in face first...yeah, I miss high school! :bounce:

...and for the record, you didn't come across as overly defensive...I was just worried I'd ticked you off...

...okay, that's about all the butt-kissing I can stand...I just don't have it in me! :D

Cloud9..

Youv'e got some "cobbles" for airing your you near tragedy!! Give ya that!! Kinda leaves ya wide open..But like they say, What Doesn't KILL YA makes ya stronger.. I think it was writtten by the same person that said,, There's Nothing More Expensive (or painful) than Ignorance in Action..And I "think" that ALL can relate to your blunder to some degree, weather "smokin the sticks" or just plan crappy judgement..Glad to here you didn't have to take a slide!! When I was 17, I went to a party on my 305 Honda, (yeah, that many years ago) and thought that we could make "a few" screwdrivers, so, we just emptied a frozen OJ into the bottle of vodka.. I went almost totally blind!! and when I got home (safely/barely) I might add, and pulled up the driveway, I went to pull my feet off the pegs and couldn't move'em..The bike feel like a tree, and pinned me, and I remember laying there with "ONLY" one thought..Sh#t I hope  know one can see me!! AND, how am I gonna get this thing off..So I guess the leason was,, live and learn..But in all honesty, it took a few more leasons!!

Your post made for some good read'n though!!

Ride Safe "AND" Expect the Unexpected!!

Mr. D, I'm flattered...   :sad:  

Feel free to share with the students...Though I might switch the "Burn A Bowl" to "Drink a Beer".  I dunno...I don't smoke, but I would rather hang out with folks that have been smoking rather than drinking...I have yet to have a nicely baked guy try to "Kick My Ass".  Have had plenty of drunks try though, so maybe leave it as is.   Maybe this will be the generation to legalize it, Tax it, and really kick start the ole' economy...

Anyway, yeah help yourself, I would love to claim 100% responsibility for the creative thought involved but alas outside influences have largely shaped my perceptions, of what may or may not be the "proper" way to get through life.
 The Magazine "Adbusters"  has played a key role, as did college and the educational system mixed in with four years active duty military.  Then stir in a white hot hatred for most things "status" or whatever Mtv or the Government is "feeding" the nation.  What you get is a slightly edgy guy who understands enough about life at this point, to know I don't know Sh*t.  So all you can do is work hard doing something you like, ride fast (sometimes), love your wife, watch the Simpsons, and be freakin happy...for rich or poor, life should be fun, there is no other reason to be here...  Now I am going to go smoke a cigarette cause it irritates the SOF guys...   :devil:
Thanks Rev,
rest assured I will edit out the drug referances (I like my job!   ).  I would also like to thank the rest of ya'll for providing an awesome place for a mature and open forum.

Mikey D

Back