Dr. j's busa saga iii

Dr.Jekyll

Registered
This weekend.....I have a good feeling about this weekend. Mainly b/c Scott over at Woodbridge CPS said that more than likely MISCHIEF(I finally decided on a name for my bike) is going to be ready. The tally for blowing up a 2004 Hayabusa engine you ask??? Well sports fans, let me share with you...

Ready?

$12, 200. That's right, just over 12 grand, and 8 SOLID months of the bike being in the shop. Ordering the engine piece by piece and then assembling those pieces into an engine and mounting it took 8 months and $12,200. The good thing is...it is not costing me a dime. Before you ask...I do not know why Suzuki Extended Protection did not just total my bike and buy me a new one and I don't care. I am happy to be getting my bike back actually.

As some will recall, the weekend before the engine went I dumped the bike on a low speed right hander. So over the winter I bought new plastics. Repainted '05 body kit. At night it looks black...as a matter of fact, when I picked the parts up I almost got into an argument with the guy because I Was convinced that they were black until I put the headlights on the parts and saw the hidden color underneath. Y'all will just have to wait until I post pictures.

So, in 2 days I may be riding again! I will more than likely pick MISCHIEF up on Saturday and be out riding Sunday! Woo Hoo!!! The only issue is I gotta go through the whole break in thing again. Hopefully that will be the only thing I have to complain about!

Jekyll

That is crazy they went through all of that when they total bikes for much lesser things. Anyway, glad your saga is at an end and I can't wait to check her out in person.

Sounds like you're stoked. That's a great feeling isn't it?
rock.gif
Happy for ya dude.

Glad to hear that you'll be beack out there, but I can't believe they didn't just get you a new scoot and start over.... 12K+ for a stock motor? That is insane!

Long road but at least it's almost over, Congrats...
beerchug.gif

Back