Discovered a nice war memorial on my ride to Sebring today.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Today I took a ride to the northern part of Lake Okeechobee.
In Okeechobee city I found this most beautiful little war memorial to those who had served and given all that were from this small town.
Really nice little memorial park it was.

Anyone who wants to see the ride details click here :Cyclemeter-Motorcycle-20110102-0933.kml - Google Maps
(If you click on any one of the little mileage markers on the map and then click 'more' in pop up window, then click 'street view' it gives you a pic of the actual exact place, freaky how techno things are getting)

940bbda9.jpg

5f4d494e.jpg

It had some really interesting pieces of equipment in it as well..
80117240.jpg

M60 tank
ef09bb55.jpg

Couple of deck guns from a battleship ?
4a950b1e.jpg

f092732f.jpg

After leaving the park I saw some signs for Sebring Intl Raceway and decided to go see it and how close I was to it.
I never realized that I live only about 120 miles from it. It was all closed down but I did get to see the Jaguar pace car sitting out front.
afb1a350.jpg

In the back you can see the Skip Barber cars all covered up.
b1a68f39.jpg

I'm pretty jealous you live that close to Sebring. That's a beautiful track. We have Mid-Ohio up here which is a pretty nice track with elevation changes and fast straights but it's still in Ohio.....and you're in Florida :thumbsup:

WOW! What they did for them is great. I would love to see it. We have the D. Day Memorial about 25 miles from me in Bedford VA. I think it's only a few survivors left. A lot of them did get to see it when it opened. If I remember correctly President Bush was their for the grand opening. It is a very nice place to visit. Like all of these places it's a lot of work that goes into them. I will try to go their this summer and get some pictures of it. Thanks for sharing.

Back