Did some

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
Well I didn't go for a ride today since I'm going to Bike week next weekend.  So I got some work done - first I changed the oil in the Wife's car.  Then the Busa:
272DSC00089-med.JPG

272DSC00091-med.JPG

272DSC00092-med.JPG

Today was the first time I lifted the tank and I adjusted my idle while I was under there.  I didn't see the little arm that holds the tank up?  Am I blind?

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078023775 -->

Rod that holds tank up is in the trunk.
wink.gif

What's the tape for?
rock.gif
Ahh, I thought I saw it before (the rod)  
smile.gif

Someone said to put some tape on any of those bolts that were really tight so you didn't accidently scratch the paint, but I really didn't have any close calls.  Actually, the place you really have to be careful are with the ones that hold the tank down - think I'll do the cotter pin mod on those or buy some fancy T-allen wrenches.
Like this one with the blue handle that would not accidently scratch the tank:
allen3x4.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078012143 -->

Ok, I see what the tape was for now. Good idea... Ain't it fun wrenchin' on yer own bike?
super.gif

Yeah, I do anything I can figure out how to do myself. Learned that lesson with my cages. Got tired of all those unexplained little scuffs and scratches on my rides. Also, I've worked at a car dealership before. I've seen the types of guys that get hired on as mechanics. Let's just say that I can prolly do better than some of them if I have a shop manual just because I give a sheeyot about what I'm doin'. I figure the bike dealer mechanic world is about the same...

I'm hopin' to install the 1397 big bore kit I wanna do next winter myself. That should REALLY be fun both to build and to RIDE!
super.gif

That would be awesome.  I just have a problem taking apart a working super fast engine
smile.gif
 Particularly, one that I can hardly put to it's full use.  I'm going to wait til mine breaks or at LEAST has a bunch of miles on it before I go that far.

laugh.gif
Of course I say that now when the reality is that anything is possible
biggrin.gif

I'll probably be bolting on that blower/turbo/NOS before I know it

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078027439 -->

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

The only thing keepin' me from goin' turbo is the fact that I can't afford it. Gotta scrape pennies to do the big bore thing.
drooling3.gif
May end up with a small hit o' NOS once I start goin' to the drag strip with 'er. Don't need it on the street, though, except maybe for looks. It's just cool as hell to see a bike with NOS, ya know!
wink.gif

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

The only thing keepin' me from goin' turbo is the fact that I can't afford it. Gotta scrape pennies to do the big bore thing.
drooling3.gif
May end up with a small hit o' NOS once I start goin' to the drag strip with 'er. Don't need it on the street, though, except maybe for looks. It's just cool as hell to see a bike with NOS, ya know!
wink.gif
Yeah, sure! I can just see you <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>never</span> hitting the spray on the street!
poke.gif

BT, you crack me up!

looks good....I feel you on the finances there, BT. I can't even get those slip-ons I want.

Back