Deputy shoots and kills prisoner in Hospital

Shooting him wasn't the first thing he did. The article states the police officer was kicked and punched in the face multiple times. He didn't shoot him for coming at him with a chair, he was getting a beat down.

Well then I guess the deputy needs to be retrained or find another job. Because if his only viable option during a confrontation is to shoot then the deputy is in the wrong line of work.

I am not picking on the deputy. They showed pictures of the kid on the news last night. My daughter could take him. There is obviously more to the story than what has been released so far but based on the facts released this deputy needs more training in self defense

They showed pictures of the kid on the news last night. My daughter could take him. There is obviously more to the story than what has been released so far but based on the facts released this deputy needs more training in self defense

That's kind of an ignorant thing to say. There are so many factors to consider in a fight other than what you'd see in just a picture. How about mental status? Ever heard of "retard strength?" What about presence of drugs. Fighting experience? Proximity of improvised weapons, etc?

I'm 6'3" 280lbs and consider myself fairly well trained in hand to hand combat. I have been in many fights yet still, I personally know several guys half my size that would absolutely demolish me. In fact, I happen to know a 130lb female that I'd put up against anyone but a pro-mma fighter. To look at her in a picture and think that I or you could take her would be awfully easy, but it'd be foolish and painful I guarantee.

That's kind of an ignorant thing to say. There are so many factors to consider in a fight other than what you'd see in just a picture. How about mental status? Ever heard of "retard strength?" What about presence of drugs. Fighting experience? Proximity of improvised weapons, etc?

I'm 6'3" 280lbs and consider myself fairly well trained in hand to hand combat. I have been in many fights yet still, I personally know several guys half my size that would absolutely demolish me. In fact, I happen to know a 130lb female that I'd put up against anyone but a pro-mma fighter. To look at her in a picture and think that I or you could take her would be awfully easy, but it'd be foolish and painful I guarantee.

It is very obvious to me that you DID NOT read my entire post. If you would have you would not have spewed this babble. I myself am 6'5" 265# and a heck of a scrapper. I also have training in hand to hand combat as well as weapons training. I have worked security for over 25 years now and had my share of throwdowns. I have not only heard of these things you mention but have witnessed them.
Go back and read what I wrote again. I stated that there has to be more to the story than what has been released but based on what has been released this deputy either needs more training or a new career.
But on the other hand if there are details that have not been released to the public about this incident and why the prisoner was shot, then maybe the department needs to look at it's policies or this whole incident played out 100% correctly.

So before you bash someone for what you THINK they said make sure you know exactly WHAT they said.

based on what has been released this deputy either needs more training or a new career.

Touchy today eh?

This here was all you had to say. You're saying that based on the facts you've been presented, the guy needs a new career. Well, fact is, you don't have enough facts to make that decision, so how you've somehow decided it already is beyond me.

Touchy today eh?

This here was all you had to say. You're saying that based on the facts you've been presented, the guy needs a new career. Well, fact is, you don't have enough facts to make that decision, so how you've somehow decided it already is beyond me.

you still miss the point and are making assumptions about what I said. No big deal. Have a nice day sir and enjoy

It is hard to understand why the officer had a gun in that environment...I would have thought there were no guns...more officers with the patient / inmate...a 1 on 1 may occur due to budget cuts...it leaves room for improvement. The guards that I spoke with have a sensor that goes off if they are laying on the floor...no guns. That is a tough ratio to manage...it is totally not a job for many people. I'm sure the officer rethought the event many times by now...if he is on leave / returns to work at a later date it is something to live with and learn from

Back