De La Hoya vs Mayweather

De La Hoya vs Mayweather - Who will win tomorrows fight?

• Oscar by KO

Votes: 39 100.0%
  • Oscar on points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floyd by KO

• Floyd on points

• Total voters

ike

Registered
Who will win the May 5 showdown between Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

I think Oscar is a better fight but he has lost his heart. I say Pretty Boy Floyd will KO the Golden Boy

I want De La Hoya to win. But I think it'll go the distance with Mayweather getting decision.

Oscar has struggled against talented, slick movers like Mayweather; rooting for DeLa Hoya but I expect Mayweather to win by decision.

All depends on which Oscar shows up. If the old Oscar shows up he will blow Floyd away. If the new and unimproved Oscar shows up Floyd will school school him.

I hope the pre-promoter business man Oscar shows up.

ITs ON " Floyd " win on points....
super.gif

(Lamb busa @ May 06 2007,00:11) Well!   What r the results?
Highlight below to read.
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="middle" align="left">Mayweather by split decision[/QUOTE]

Gawd that was a boring fight!
coffee.gif

Mayweather by decision, but he definitely wasn't the aggressor in the fight. For all of De La Hoya's aggresiveness, he didn't have much success at connecting. The fight, as NightCrawler said, left a lot to be desired.

That fight should have been scored as a draw just to force a rematch. Mayweather absolutely did not win convincingly. What a boring fight! I thought that Mayweather would win by points. After watching the prefight crap I wanted Oscar to kill him. Then he had the nerve to dress the way he did. Unbelievable. De La Hoya is such a great, upstanding man and fighter. This fight is going to be talked about for a while.

On a funny note, whoi else thought that Mayweather Sr. looked like the Predator?

Predator?
laugh.gif
Thats what a few friends of mine thought.
They are already talking a rematch. I think if Oscar used his jab all night Mayweather would not have had a chance.

(ike @ May 06 2007,16:39) They are already talking a rematch.
Why? Nothing will change. Mayweather is going to run all night and land pop shots while Hoya will give chase but not land too many blows ... again!

Had that fight been under UFC type rules, Hoya would have won all 12 rounds. Yes punches landed count, but none of Mayweather's punches did ANY damage to Hoya. Hoya may not have landed many, but he was the only FIGHTER in that fight. Hoya was the one pushing the action and clearly controlling the ring.

If they do have a rematch and Mayweather uses the same strategy, I hope it's done on HBO and not on a $55 PPV venue. Fighters fight ... cowards run ...
rant.gif

Back