Dash Panel/windscreen *help*

FireMedic

Registered
Trying to find the part number or name of the piece that the windscreen sits against. The top right side dash panel push pin goes into this piece that broke of the front cap. I can't seem to find what this part is or if it can be ordered instead of having to replace the whole front cap.
Any info would be appreciated.

If you are talking about the two plastic brackets that are inside the front cowling, I have never seen a part number for them aside from the whole upper (nose) fairing... is the piece broken, broken off or missing? If you still have it, they are just held on the cowling by two plastic rivets; mine have come off before and I have epoxy'd them back on. If they are missing, best best is to find a broken one on ebay and then cannibalize the tabs off of the broken one - then epoxy those. Worst case would be to buy a new fairing.

That's what I was afraid of and no I do not have it. Just had the bike painted and i'm guessing it broke off sometime during the paint process. Thanks for the reply, guess i'll start looking for a used nose fairing to rob and epoxy. Thanks again!

Gen 2? If so I have a couple of rashed up nose fairings. I would be willing to let one go.

I'd think I'd be the same part or similar. I'm just needing something to clip the right side dash panel to. How much are you wanting for a nose fairing ?

If you are talking about the two plastic brackets that are inside the front cowling, I have never seen a part number for them aside from the whole upper (nose) fairing... is the piece broken, broken off or missing? If you still have it, they are just held on the cowling by two plastic rivets; mine have come off before and I have epoxy'd them back on. If they are missing, best best is to find a broken one on ebay and then cannibalize the tabs off of the broken one - then epoxy those. Worst case would be to buy a new fairing.

I see your an Admin of this website and curious as to how to donate. This site has helped me out tremendously over the years.

I see your an Admin of this website and curious as to how to donate. This site has helped me out tremendously over the years.

There are a couple of us- as for donating,
if you want, you can contact Captain, the owner of the site. There are times when he has accepted donations.
Probably the best way to donate right now is to offer up help and/or advice when and where you can here- also, if you have any spare parts around just taking up space, you can always pay it forward - as you well know, people need all manner of parts and materials.

There are a couple of us- as for donating,
if you want, you can contact Captain, the owner of the site. There are times when he has accepted donations.
Probably the best way to donate right now is to offer up help and/or advice when and where you can here- also, if you have any spare parts around just taking up space, you can always pay it forward - as you well know, people need all manner of parts and materials.

Sounds good about the donating.

I'd think I'd be the same part or similar. I'm just needing something to clip the right side dash panel to. How much are you wanting for a nose fairing ?

Is this what your needing?
20161105_205457.jpg

Back