Custom Map

tinbender0

Cool Breeze
Donating Member
Registered
Beginning HP was 151.51 torque 93.96
After custom map, H.P. 160.67 torque is 98.88 nothing added today but a map. Yoshi bolt ons and k&n air filter were already on. Does this sound right? net gain 9.15 HP and 4.92 torque..Wow
Cost $0.00
Dealership hooked me up because of some earlier BS they put me through, but I can't complain now. Things worked out for the best ..
super.gif

it's amazing what moving a few numbers around on the powercommander/dyno can do..

Was the 151.51hp reading done the same day on the same dyno as the 160.67hp reading?

Good numbers. Based on previous info, that is an incredible gain with bolt-ons and air filter.

I happy with it so far, just hope its legitimate.I don't know if those dynos can be manipulated to show false gains..But the map was free, so at least I have some bragging rights!!...

(rocktober @ Jun. 09 2007,12:39) you can get 5 hp by over inflating the tires while doing the dyno test
They didn't do that because I was there when they remapped it

Just got home, seat O' pants dyno feels good too!!!!
super.gif
..going to wait till later for more testing when it cools off...It's freaking hot outside !!!
SHOCKED.gif

Hey man, what dealership here in jax hooked u up? the map PC suggested i use still ain't right. Sputtering and pooting at the lights, cutting out when downshifting...even tried adjusting the manual way...Hit me up!
syd

Ron Turner Cycles, I believe they charge $250.00 for the map..But I think there is a tuner at Stock ,Mild to Wild on Blanding Blvd., near San Juan that does the same thing. They are also probably a little closer to you than Beach Blvd.

It would be great if we could all get together and drive down the rediculous map prices. I have used a computer once or twice, and even updated numbers on a spreadsheet before (during my 11 years in Automotive Quality Management)...custom maps are a cash cow for these places selling them and they are stealing our $.

I have an '04 with the same Yosh bolt-ons, large airbox mod, PCIII, PAIR removed and need a Map since Dynojet will not do something as simple as have drop down selections for modifications to then produce the custom map on the fly.

I bought the PCIII unit and already paid the HUGE markup (typically 10x+ the actual manufacturing cost) to cover their costs for design development, they do not need to further rape me if I want the unit to actually work as expected.

As such, I welcome anybody to send me a map that will make my unit work as it should for my application. I would even pay a modest fee to a member if they have paid for the custom map scam to help ease their wallet pain.

Matt

Well...

I hope the map translates into better street performance for you.. I would hate to think you just paid $$$ for a sheet of paper with bigger numbers.

Back