Custom HMF Exhaust

Benzo_tek

Registered
I saw it somewhere and checked the search feature(with no luck).
Someone I believe had a stock header with 2 HMF mufflers tucked underneath the body. I have stubby exhaust on it right now and love the look but not having the back pressure is making the bike run a little weird. I would love to put a set of carbon fibers down there or have them stick out slightly from underneath(like the stubbies do). Dont want them too low for obvious reasons.
Can someone please help?

Yep there I am.
beerchug.gif
It was a day - 1/2 of work to get them right. OH and its not stock header with mod cans....its a FULL HMF dual high mount carbon system. At Bike night on Wed, everyone kept asking if it was turbo, and was very surprised when I said NO. The sound that the system makes has a low stange tone. I quess thats why they thought turbo? If you do not use HMF , make sure you select a small diam can to work with.

Here is a view with the air-ride up in ride possition, show better ground clearance. Remember this is a tru 4-2 dual set up...no crossover connector. Pic has fairings off ( MadMax style), working on another mod at the time

MadMax.jpg

I have a chance to pick up a hindle header. dould that header work? what is necessary to make this work. ill be doing the work myself and want to make sure it is within my capabilities

If i cut down the HFM's, will they bolt up to the factory header? What is the diameter of the HFM inlet? Cause im thinking if the stock header will not work i can do the Hindle with the can?

Dont know the dia. The header realy has nothing to due with it. The magic is all in the mid pipes and removing the crossover section. Notice the pic....the new mod midpipes. BIg part is you have to cut off the frame to bellywing support. THat is the only way to get the cans in tight or they will just point out like F-14 wings.
laugh.gif

DSCN1136.JPG

BigRod1300,
did you have the new mid pipes fab'd... or is there somewhere they can be purchased???

BigRod1300,
did you have the new mid pipes fab'd... or is there somewhere they can be purchased???
The mid pipes are fabricated from many pieces of the HMF mids and the high pipe mids that where part of the orig kit. I think we used 4 cut pieces and welded them to make each mid pipe.

Back