Cracked leading edge Busa front fender

Azuredesign

Registered
Hi,
Less than 100 miles and after only 2 rides, I noticed a crack in the center of the fender extending from the leading edge about 2" long. While I have not kissed anything off the bike, it is possible that a stone on somthing hit the front of the fender at speed. It is also possible that I could have picked the bike up this way and not noticed. Is this a common problem with Hayabusas? If so, has anyone made any mods to the leading edge to resist impact to the fiberglass from small road debris? If it's not a common issue, I will just replace the front fender and keep this one for a repaired spare.
Thanks for any thoughts.

No history on this. I've had three 'busa's, and I've never experienced anything inferior as you describe. I'd take it to the dealer; unless it's obviously been damaged by flying debris or impact, it will be covered by the mfgr warranty. I'd get a new one.

Let me know how it turns out, dog.

And
welcome.gif
to the board.

Thanks for your replies, thoughts and welcome. The dealer suggested if I bring the bike back to the dealership, they would photograph it and consider whether  it was warrantiable. As the dealership is 65 miles away and it is 45 degrees out today with snow forcast for Friday, I asked if I could send a hi-res photo, but that was not acceptible to them. I have asked for the dealer to share the cost of the fender with me, and they are kindly considering it. I don't mind paying something for my oversight in checking the bike out completely on delivery, and accept that a stone may have caused it initial checking that developed into a crack. The dealer has been very good to work with up until now, and I hope they will continue to be folks I can recommend to others.
thumb_up.gif

Please keep us posted. Do not settle for anything less than a brand-new, beautiful front fender. You paid for it, and you deserve to get it; anything less is NOT ACCEPTABLE. I'm sure the boys at the factory would take your side on this issue.

Let me tell you, that dealership doesn't want me over there all up in their business. *(just kidding, though I would go to 'bat' for you).

Oh, yes...welcome to the .oRg; great to have another brother.

PS: What you see, below, is an example of what to avoid...

EconoVan_vs._Hayabusa.jpg

Please keep us posted.  Do not settle for anything less than a brand-new, beautiful front fender.  You paid for it, and you deserve to get it; anything less is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  I'm sure the boys at the factory would take your side on this issue.

Let me tell you, that dealership doesn't want me over there all up in their business.  *(just kidding, though I would go to 'bat' for you).

Oh, yes...welcome to the .oRg; great to have another brother.

PS:  What you see, below, is an example of what to avoid...
Thanks for your support! That is one gnarly looking fender too!!
wowold.gif

Best,
Ben

Yeah...I just got my factory-replacement today...that's the result of one of my co-workers backing into my bike. Ouch.

Well, I assumed 1/2 of the responsibility for the fender and the dealer assumed half. I was satisfied with this arrangement as it is as possilbe that a rock hit the leading edge of the fender as I was riding, as it was that the fender was pushed into something at the dealership. I bout some Pitbull stands today and am awaiting delivery of the stands and fender as well as the axle wrench so I can change the sucker over.
Thanks for your support!

Back