crack in upper left fairing

cfav508

Registered
I have a crack in the upper left fairing. Unfortunately it is the oranga part. The crack isnt as much the issue. I can fix that but what i am having an issue with is the paint. I talked to a couple dealers and they are telling me it is Color Rite paint and they are the only company that makes this color. What are my choices? I hear the paint it rediculously expensive.

if you knew how to paint it would only cost a few hundred to paint it yourself with some nice House of Kolor paint..........which is what i plan to do. if you plan on fixing it it would prob be around 300 or more to fix and paint it. depending on how prices are in your area...oh yea and cross your fingers they do a good job and can match up the paint :whistle:

dont listen to those idiots go to any auto paint store and they can match it. i was a body shop manager for a while and some time we would get custom painted cars in for repair with no paint code to go off of. take it to paint store and they have a machine kind of like a gun they shoot the panel with it and it will give them a formula then they mix it up. sometimes they will have to tint it but it will match perfect. i worked at a yamaha dealer and they used to tell people only way to match the color was to buy a new fairing for whatever crazy price they charge

I also had my 01 busa painted. I ordered the paint from a local Napa. they paint matched, mixed the colors, and gave me enough to paint both sides of the bike (only needed 1 panel). charged me about $100 but they said it was like a BMW blue color that the 01 used. So ya, paint shops can match it. The end result was perfect!

I talked to a good guy in Ohio today at Manuels Cycles in Akron and i told him of my issue. While over the phone he had me look up Color Rite and talked about what i need. I then went to a shop here in central Pa and asked if they do fairings. He did and he has done busas in the past. He said he could do mine for 100 bucks plus paint. only thing i need to get is Kanjis.

dont listen to those idiots go to any auto paint store and they can match it. i was a body shop manager for a while and some time we would get custom painted cars in for repair with no paint code to go off of. take it to paint store and they have a machine kind of like a gun they shoot the panel with it and it will give them a formula then they mix it up. sometimes they will have to tint it but it will match perfect. i worked at a yamaha dealer and they used to tell people only way to match the color was to buy a new fairing for whatever crazy price they charge

Watch it! Those members you call "idiots" are my brothers.

In my experience, you get what you pay for. Enough said.

I bought 6 ys ago 2 vials of touch up paint from color right and the [04 busa sonic silver and blue,],,neither matched up right and stood out like a sore thumb,,,the paint the was 45.00 in 04,,[my bike fell over,,,,,to me ,,it was a big waste of money and the paint didnt match either,,,,,hopefully they have better technology now,,,,but you can clearly see where i touched it up[ scratches,,],,its worth the 45 bucks to find out,,I hope you have better luck than I did,,but I was crushed when it didnt match,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
color rite is the place to go. it cost, but came out perfect. repair place said no way they could match it perfect with there scanner.not with all the flake.

Just do some searching. Talk to some fellow riders in your area and see who they are going to. That is what usually works the best for me when I need work done.

my 2 cents on color rite, my 2007 busa red stock color did not match up with the color they sent me and they refused to take it back and or make good on it, wanted me to buy another one from them

Back