Convince me to ride in your city

New Zealand is known around the world as the bikers' "Mecca" for the best riding experience, with so much variety in landscapes and scenery in such a small geographical location.
Two islands 3 hours apart by passenger ferry, both islands vastly different, North Island is actively Volcanic, and South Island (where I live) has no active volcanic features but has a great divide with alps running down the middle of the island for hundreds of kms.
Tourism is just starting up again after the big shutdown of 2 years that the Govt imposed upon us... basically crippling our local economy.
But it's true...NZ is a bucket list adventure for most bikers aroun d the world!!

Where did you move to Miguel?
Its funny coz I always thought Florida would be the ultimate place to live with all the beaches and warm weather… reality is often so different huh?
I’m still in Florida, Greg. I used to live in Miami lakes and couldn’t wait to get out of there, so I moved to Riverview 14 years ago. If I could have it my way, I would move my current employer to Tennessee so I can move there and purchase a few acres near the smoky mountains. :)
If you gave me the choice of beach house or cabin in the woods, I would pick the cabin.

Last edited:
New Zealand is known around the world as the bikers' "Mecca" for the best riding experience, with so much variety in landscapes and scenery in such a small geographical location.
Two islands 3 hours apart by passenger ferry, both islands vastly different, North Island is actively Volcanic, and South Island (where I live) has no active volcanic features but has a great divide with alps running down the middle of the island for hundreds of kms.
Tourism is just starting up again after the big shutdown of 2 years that the Govt imposed upon us... basically crippling our local economy.
But it's true...NZ is a bucket list adventure for most bikers aroun d the world!!
World's Fastest Indian !

200.gif

Here in Abilene it's not much fun in stop and go traffic when it's 100 degrees. The country roads are where it's at. Long straight roads you can see for miles to get it on and twisty roads too to cut a rug LOL. But watch out for Wild Hogs and Turkey Vultures. Years ago I was taken out by a Vulture coming around a corner in the hills. Never had a problem until they put up all theses cell towers.

We used to have a club called Abilene Hot Bikes but they slowly crashed one by one until no one was in the club.
I rode through Abilene in early May it hit 107 I almost melted away....the country roads were nice though I enjoyed it until it got crazy hot.

Last edited:
Colorado Springs, CO: The Rocky Mountains are full of great roads and scenery and it's all just 20 minutes away from the city. The temp swings are insane, weather patterns change in an instant, so bring plenty of layers and depending upon the time of the year pay very close attention to the road conditions especially near the city, I've seen plenty of pot holes that can swallow a busa. It can be a combination of the best and worse riding you will experience.

Colorado Springs, CO: The Rocky Mountains are full of great roads and scenery and it's all just 20 minutes away from the city. The temp swings are insane, weather patterns change in an instant, so bring plenty of layers and depending upon the time of the year pay very close attention to the road conditions especially near the city, I've seen plenty of pot holes that can swallow a busa. It can be a combination of the best and worse riding you will experience.

Changing weather is right! I tried Pike’s Peak on a beautiful sunny day in early July one year and was stopped around 11,000’ due to icy corners.

That's on my list to visit. Closest I've been to it has been halfway on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah.

I ride up and through the Shenandoah National Forest often.
I plan on being back up that way again next Saturday.
A friend of mine is still going to show me the way around the 2 rock slides that have blocked the BRP south of Roanoke, Va(in Vinton) for a few years now too.
Which is where I get on at.
I havn't been able to head SW since.

Back