Contract army

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11800942/
Is it just me or is this kinda scary.
I can see that in the right circumstance and with proper oversight it would work.
Think about it, have you ever seen the Government police itself and take responsibility for its programs.
And now these people will have a private Army protecting them and their property.
I hope it goes well or it will get out of hand real fast.
Consider this...a gun, a badge and unlimited authority with no oversight...

David

<!--EDIT|Devious
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142352367 -->

Really not much different than Merc's or bounty hunters or the job the company has been hired for.

When I used to skip trace (bounty hunt) whenever I went to a city I would always go to the local police department, let them know who I was, why I was there and I would show them all my papers.

in "MOST" cases the police departments I worked with LOVED bounty hunters. we had the ability to devote time to going after one specific individual where as the departments usually don’t. they just wait for them to be arrested again.

Also bounty hunters are empowered to do things and go placed local law enforcement were not allowed to do or go.

So.. in my experience.. law enforcement often appreciates this type of help "IF" done properly.

I have also known small towns / city's to contract out their law enforcement to the local Sheriffs department. Often it is less expensive for a small town to contract to a Sheriff’s department for police services than to create and maintain their own force.

So.. I don’t think the above is outlandish and in a lot of ways it is already being done in places throughout the country with varying degrees

I see a lot of problems with this, along with 1000's of Lawyers
drooling3.gif
salivating over the $$$$ their going to make in Law Suits  
umnik.gif
. Working overseas as contract protectors, and doing it here is a WORLD of difference. Just look at the Cuba Stockade problem. We have people wanting the detainees to get individual Lawyers and be tried in Civilian Courts which have ABSOLUTELY no authority over something overseas. So, do something wrong or have someone come in and look like  
face7.gif
this, and the Local Government will loose Millions in Legal and Court fees along with the judgement  
idea.gif
. If they do this, THEY'RE Nuts  
bomb.gif

Back