College Football

I refuse to watch college football....until they either stop crowning a national champion, or find a better way to do it. Polls suck, computer programs and rankings suck.

I refuse to watch college football....until they either stop crowning a national champion, or find a better way to do it. Polls suck, computer programs and rankings suck.

:vader: and what is your suggestion on how to crown a champion? maybe just one gigantic playoff from the beginning?

Last edited:
woot woot. national championship time!!! War EAGLE!! Because all we do is win, win,win,win!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Last edited:
:vader: and what is your suggestion on how to crown a champion? maybe just one gigantic playoff from the beginning?

16 team playoff system....its not rocket science, it just requires that Univ. presidents and AD's give up thier kickbacks from "bowls" and thier sponsors.

just like how Nevada screwed it up for their conference by beating Boise St huh. 8 team playoff sounds better. why give someone ranked 16th the benefit when they were really not that great in the end?

100_1197.jpg

100_1197.jpg

just like how Nevada screwed it up for their conference by beating Boise St huh. 8 team playoff sounds better. why give someone ranked 16th the benefit when they were really not that great in the end?

Boise St. is the only team that cannot make a mistake.

you give the 16th ranked team a shot because the rankings systems is crap, top you can miss some pretty good teams, but 16 only adds an extra week and allows for a much fairer playoff.

PS: in the last 40 NFL season there have been 9 wildcard teams in the playoffs, 5 won the Super Bowl...the 2007 Giants 10-6 beat the 17-0 Patriots, the team that destroyed the best of the NFL that season.

Boise St. is the only team that cannot make a mistake.

you give the 16th ranked team a shot because the rankings systems is crap, top you can miss some pretty good teams, but 16 only adds an extra week and allows for a much fairer playoff.

PS: in the last 40 NFL season there have been 9 wildcard teams in the playoffs, 5 won the Super Bowl...the 2007 Giants 10-6 beat the 17-0 Patriots, the team that destroyed the best of the NFL that season.

but how do you determine who is ranked from 1-16 then? Auburn the overall Number 1 ranked team has beaten SIX Ranked opponents. 4 of 6 were in the top 10. so please explain further on your ranking system. Auburn started the season at 22 btw

Last edited:
but how do you determine who is ranked from 1-16 then? Auburn the overall Number 1 ranked team has beaten SIX Ranked opponents. 4 of 6 were in the top 10. so please explain further on your ranking system. Auburn started the season at 22 btw

We can use a ranking system to get the top 16 teams....Once we get rid of automatic bowl bid, that is given to winners of conferences inspite of thier abilities.

you would have a field were wanted to play other top teams, instead of booking sub-par teams( USC traveled to Hawaii, why?). teams are afraid to play some teams, and then schedule crappy teams to help thier bowl rankings.

ex. Boise plays Auburn, its a good game and Auburn wins 21-7. under the current system, Boise is hurt by losing to the #1 team in the country....really? Auburn is then dropped to #2, because they did not win by enough points.

do you really think the top 16 teams are not clear?

I know for some of the smaller schools, it will be the only time they get on national TV. Even if it means getting thier heads kicked in by 4-5 touchdowns....and it will be a great cash windfall for for the program...

just a rough draft:

conference winners of SEC,PAC-10/12, BIG 10, BIG 12, would get invite to the playoffs. this would allow them to play other teams withoug being penalized for losses.

that would leave 12 spots open for the best teams in the country....

this would force teams to play good teams, so if they cannot win thier league they can still get in by playing the tough teams. The most important thing is to find the best team, settle it on the field.

Can not wait to see the Tigers against the Ducks...those are two very exciting teams. I follow college football somewhat. Did anyone in the country have a tougher schedule than Auburn? I am a west coast guy so hope the Ducks play well in the BCS championship. That being said I agree completely with the idea that a bowl playoff system has to come about within the next couple of years. Boise state...a great football squad played one of the easiest schedules on the planet..and in one of the softest conferences in America lost to Nevada...and barely beat Virginia Tech in their first game of the season...and VT had a great season this year winning their last 11 games in a row.
I think college ball is more interesting than pro ball..imo..

Back