CLUTCHING TECHNIQUE FOR THE BUSA

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
How do you handle your clutch?

I'm not talking here about how you get off the line, but how you use the lever for upshifts under full power or during cruise?

When I'm lazy, I use the full lever travel at lower rev shifts like 3 grand, and it always results in a clunky shift and I curse myself.

If I hold revs to 6 grand or higher, I get a smooth shift no matter what I do with the lever.

The best results for shifting at any range seems to come from pulling the lever just a tad...just releasing the pressure. But I have a hard time disciplining myself to do that all the time.

Then there's clutchless shifts, like when you're cruising with your left hand on your left knee. These always seem to come off smooth.

What's your experience with clutch lever use on the Busa? She seems to be a squirrely dog. A temperamental creature.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 31 October 1999).]

For wheelies, a 2-finger action (this is not petting but i surely hope the Busa feels the same satisfaction i do) with your forefinger and "bird" (?) finger working the lever. To further answer this characteristic DP question (i don't mean that in a bad way) i think i always use just those two fingers for the clutch regardless of how many wheels i have touching the ground.

Sagge

i just wondered if you had the brock clutch mod from schnitz?
i do and today at the dragstrip i discovered i need to practice and get used to before i take it back.
ran a 6.90 at 115 mph . 1091 short time
1/8th mile....
any drag racers got any tips on launching these machines? i had one pass i smoked the tire most of the way down the track. did a wheelie most the track once.and then just launched it like i was leaving a stoplight.(off idle....then roll it back!)
i know i can improve on this dramatically.
but how ??????....

The speed of light is always the same regardless of the motion of the apparatus measuring it. This is the very basis of Einstein's theory of special relativity. I can't stress enough how important it is that every single member of Hayabusa.org be thoroughly familiar with this fact because the theory of special relativity puts an upper limit on how fast a Hayabusa can go. Don't believe everything the pipe makers tell you.

Didn't mean to change the subject but it seemed like the right thing to do.

PS Clutch spelled backwards is almost impossible to pronounce.

I respected Einstein for his kickass hairstyle but not even that haircreation can make up for this. How the &!=/#&¤!?&¤&!*"!*!"#¤!**!¤!!¤##! can one measure the speed of something if it's not relative something else.

Another question: some of you end your posts with lol. Does lol mean that one is laughing ones *** off.

...Hapo no use clutch for up shift...that way not hafto worry about witch one clutch and witch on brake...look same!

Back