clutch

gsxr1300rr

Registered
i am from nyc during the wintery months i have started my busa and road it around the block. about a month ago was the last time i have ridin' my busa. about a week ago i started the busa let it warm up thentried to ride it. when i put it in first gear the busa jerk forward the shut off i then tried to start while in first gear and it wouldn't start. and it still continues to do that. can anyone give me any advice. and i also wanted to know if there was a recall on something like that?

what year?
any mod?

does the clutch seem to work at all?
is the clutch fluid full?

lines could be plugged.

kickstand switch ?
yep I bet that might be it... make sure your stand is all the way up... even down 0.5" will cause the bike to kill when put into first gear... had that happen to me and I couldn't figure it out till I got off the bike and then back on and my stand wasn't all the way up.

Thanks for the info i have tried all of the above. not the switch though. i have investigated and found that there is a bleeder plug where the clutch line ends. i am not sure but it could be plugged. if so how do you bleed the line. because the motorcycle starts. but when i pull in the clutch it feels loose. does anyone know if there is a recall or is this a manufactures defect. thanks for the help so far. another thing my bike is an 03 could the switch go that fast.

Air in the system, low fluid, or a leak?
rock.gif

Make sure reservior is full when you start and at all times during the bleed. Pump up the clutch handle several times and then hold it in. With a wrench realease the pressure from the bleeder screw (you should have a hose on it so it does not get on anything, eats paint), and then retighten. Let go of the clutch handle and repeat until no air comes out of the bleeder screw when opened, just fluid. This should do a good job of bleeding any air out but won't help much if there is a leak somewhere in the system.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077517199 -->

I'm at work right now so in bout 4 hrs if noone has posted a pic I"ll post a pic of the location.

I just bled mine last night.... took about 15min from start to finish.  My fluid was turned dark from getting chain lube in it...  really simple to do.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082253734 -->

Back