Clutch/Shifting Problem.. Can not go in gear

B_train

Donating Member
Registered
Hello Everyone,
Yesterday I was riding, and I noticed I was having problem shifting gears.. Also, it was real hot outside (around 90 deg) I stopped the bike and looked around to make sure there were no leaks, and some other basic visual inspections (not much you can do with cover) .. I started the bike in neutral, and try to shift.. witch clutch lever pulled, I can hear stepping through different gears, but when I release the lever, NOTHING! It feels like it's in neutral
AAAssjani.gif

I am going to take it to dealership and have it checked, but I am trying to brace myself for the "how much" they are going to stick me with.. Sooooo, if anyone has done a clutch replacement or can provide any tips... I would greatly appreciate it..

Ok, now about the bike background:
Year = 2005
Miles: 8500
All maintenance done on time

Just use your seach option there is a great step be step in enigine mods its to upgrade your clutch springs but it has step by step with pics that should get you started
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the tip..

I tried to search for it , but I am not finding it.. Were you by any chance talking about the Forum Search engine, or other vendors (google, yahoo, etc)..
I did the search on the following:
How to change Hayabusa Clutch
Instructions for Hayabusa Clutch mod
Hayabusa Clutch mod

Thanks for your time.

Something is busted inside the clutch area or tranny. Clutches don't just wear out all of a sudden and at 8500 miles your clutch should be like new.

When that happens, release the clutch and pull it back in. Then give it another shot.

Bleed the clutch lines and replace the fluid. Very quick job and a cheap way to be sure it isn't something major.

--Wag--

I'm still trying to figure out all the components/parts that make up the Clutch/tranny system.., and the severity/damage level of what I am dealing with.. Obviously as you can see, I'm not a detail mechanic.. I know about the basic stuff, but when it comes to Engine and Tranny and how they work together, I would need to go through a installation process ..

Just a couple of more questions.. and again I appreciate anyone taking the time to provide some feedback..

If I can hear/Feel stepping through the gears, does it mean the engine portion is possibly okay?

If tranny goes bad, should I have heard something? If clutch is not grabbing, what component/parts is responsible for that, and is there a way to test it.

I also included a picture of my bike in her Happier/Healthy days...
sad.gif

busa_and_jacket.jpg

I was looking for instructions on how to bleed the clutch..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

If it seems to be going through the gears I'd start by removing the clutch cover and having a look in there. Download the shop manual, the link should be in one of the stickies around here.

Bleeding the clutch isn't going to do anything for you except maybe cause more problems. If air is in the line you would be having the opposite problem. Pulling the clutch lever in would have no effect so that when you popped the bike into gear it would lurch forward and die out.

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 04 2007,21:25) If it seems to be going through the gears I'd start by removing the clutch cover and having a look in there.  Download the shop manual, the link should be in one of the stickies around here.
+1

I am taking the bike to the shop Tomorrow.. I did buy an extended warranty when I got this bike.. So hopefully it will be covered.. Unless the company pulls a fast one and gives me bunch B.S excuses ....
guns.gif

Thanks again for all your help ..

i have same problem on a bike with only 1690 miles suzuki will not fix it under my warranty and i have had the bike two months i am currently going to seek the advice of an atttorney warranty rep was very condensinding and unhelpful

My clutch is the ORIGINAL clutch it came with new in 2001... I have 30K on it now with 300HP and still using the same clutch...
SHOCKED.gif

You shouldn't need a new clutch at 8500... Could be something else. If you didn't do anything with the clutch fluid, it probably has nothing to do with bleeding, but if you need to bleed, the bleed valve is right next to the front sprocket cover; bleed just like you do for brakes using DOT4 brake fluid for the clutch fluid...

Cloud

(NightCrawler @ Jun. 03 2007,16:36) When that happens, release the clutch and pull it back in. Then give it another shot.
Have you tried this yet?

Back