Clutch replacement

Fireman_on_a_Busa

Registered
Hello there gentlemen, long time no post from fireman_on_a_busa.  I just like reading the forum.  Well here is my question.  My 2004 has 32,589 miles on her, and starting to slip about 8 grand in hard acceleration in any gear, so I'm going to replace the clutch.  Decided to do it myself, and I'm sure that I can do it, but looking on the board I could not find any information.  Has anyone done this before on any bike, and if so before I start the replacement, should I remove the complete basket and then change the parts.  If I don't get an answer I will try to do it myself, take pictures, and post my successes and hopefully no failures.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Take the clutch cover off. Remove the 6 pressure plate screws, remove pressure plate, remove friction disks and steel disks (take note of order), replace with new friction disks and steel disks install pressure plate with new springs. I think you need to soak the new disks in oil for a wile.

Someone correct me if Im wrong but I think thats it. Not that big of a job.

P.S. you don't have to dump the oil if you leave it on the side stand.

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147312176 -->

the disc have to be nice a saturated before the install..... i let mine soak for 12 hrs prior to installing when i had an old cbr

soak the plates at least 12hours or more so you dont end up glazing the plates.... i recommend the oem for street use or if racing track/strip use the barnetts some members dont like. however ive used both with minimal headaches
tounge.gif
are you replacing the springs?

Back