Clutch Cover

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Had my clutch cover done My Pusher almost a year ago. Never cut the fairing, 3 months ago had a get off an had to repaint , asked them to cut it for me since it was off an at the shop. Said they forgot didn't get it done.

I marked off a perfect circle on last Monday since I was off an went to 3 more body shops asking them to cut it for me. They turned me away, last guy told me to "Go to the tile place across the street that he probably has the machine to make a perfect cut if he can't do it come back an we will do it". :moon: So today I got pissed off an went to the Home Depot an bought this for 50.00 an then went by the local autoparts an picked up some of that adhesive door trimmimg for 3 bucks ( not sure of that s what you are supposed to use for the edges, for now it will do).

dremel.jpg

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid :down: which is why I was willing to pay for a pro. 1/2 way through the butcher job I was wondering how much a new fairing an decals an paint was going to cost me :banghead:
clutch cover.jpg

clutch cover 2.jpg

Not completely happy with the job but I thought the end results were going to be worse.. a lot worse.

And yeah Daniel that s the sprocket you sold me a while back in the back ground. :laugh: I canceled my operation that was scheduled for this month so I will be getting your stuff on sooner than I expected :thumbsup:

dremel.jpg

clutch cover.jpg

clutch cover 2.jpg

Last edited:
what about removing the door trim and then cut something out of plastic or aluminum and painting it to match....like a reverse "C" about 1/2 an inch thick that that you could put over and hide the wavy edge. But honestly, it dosen't look that bad...probably one of those things that drives you crazy just because you know it's there.

what about removing the door trim and then cut something out of plastic or aluminum and painting it to match....like a reverse "C" about 1/2 an inch thick that that you could put over and hide the wavy edge. But honestly, it dosen't look that bad...probably one of those things that drives you crazy just because you know it's there.

I remember seeing someone with a bike an it was cut out but he had like an acrylic lens instead of a hole, like the fairing was transparent if you can understand what I am saying wonder if it's a one off custom or something they sell ???

I remember seeing someone with a bike an it was cut out but he had like an acrylic lens instead of a hole, like the fairing was transparent if you can understand what I am saying wonder if it's a one off custom or something they sell ???

I've seen that bike too (tried to find that pic with google, but didn't). It was probably a custom job where the clear acrylic (or lexan) was molded into the plastic. Any local hardware store could sell you the lexan, but it looks tricky to seamlessly attach it into the bodywork.

But thats a good idea, just dont take too much off if you smooth out those waves!!! :beerchug:

Back