Clocks question

gnome

Registered
Firstly - hi and hello. Please excuse my 'intrusion' as I dont own a busa, I run a modified GSX1400 with SuperCharger.

A question if I may - I am hoping to change the clocks on the 14 for a complete set of busa ones, as far as I can tell they have everything the 14 ones have plus a temp gauge which will be VERY usefull, and of course a higher top speed (the 14 clocks only go to 160) Has anyone got a pdf of the wiring plugs etc on the busa clocks? or a couple of close up photos?

Thank you in advance

.GNOME.

that'll be "gauges" for all you across the pond'ers reading.....

Welcome.....can we see a pic or two of your ride? Blown 1400 sounds pretty cool!!

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm in 'sunny' UK.

Only photos I have at the moment are (see if this works)

.GNOME.

Montage.jpg

Beautiful ride. I love the naked look. (I have a ZRX-12 for when I feel like taking my clothes off) I would love to try the GSX-14 sometime. Definitely a head-turner.

Thanks guys- and yes the drive is off the crank via a belt and tension wheel (photo below) other mods inc - Fazer 600 fairing (trimmed) R1 carbon seat unit (trimmed / shortened) TL1000 seat and the list goes on. Gave up drink to build her and to tell you the truth. . . . I'm glad I did.

.GNOME.

side_no_cover.jpg

PS: the numbers (at the moment) are - 170bhp and 120ftlb torque at the wheel.

Makes for an 'interesting' ride

.GNOME.

That looks pretty interesting.

Looks like you've got a stock UK number plate on the back. Could those things be any larger?

just wanna say I dont like the naked look.. but thats fuggin badass lookin... they need to make them like that from the factory.. i think its the front fairing that gives it the look i like.

just wanna say I dont like the naked look.. but thats fuggin badass lookin...  they need to make them like that from the factory.. i think its the front fairing that gives it the look i like.
SHhhhhh dont give 'them' ideas, if they bring out one looking like that, then I'm gonna have to come up with something differant again lol.

Here's the dyno print - and before anyone ask's, the 14 redlines around 9k, the speed reading at 7.5k on the dyno was 191mph. Kinda makes me wonder what she would do on the road with a full fairing. . . . . nah, like the look.

.GNOME.

PS: in case I dont get chance to pop in beforhand - HAPPY NEW YEAR

GNOME,

First off, welcome and that's a damn sweeeeet looking bike you got!
biggrin.gif

What's it run at the track? You do any 1/4-mile, 1-mile, or top speed racing?

As for the PDF, I don't know for sure if it's on there but you could check the BUSA, shop manual. This is a link to where you can download it.

If you can't find what you need in the manual, post a question over on the other Hayabusa site and someone should be able to help you. www.suzukihayabusa.org/

Good luck!

Josh
cool.gif

Don't have the pdf or pics but its just one plug for all the guages. I'll try to post a pic on Sunday if you can wait that long.

Thank you kind sir's, that is just what I was looking for.

Josh, didn't get her finished in time before the track closed for winter, but I will be running her at Santa Pod (UK) in May so I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, makes it all worth while.

.GNOME.

Nice bike. Is that a Blue Flame exhaust?
rock.gif
Looks exactly like a Micron without the dual tips. I love the dual tips.
bowdown.gif

Nice bike.  Is that a Blue Flame exhaust?
rock.gif
 Looks exactly like a Micron without the dual tips.  I love the dual tips.
bowdown.gif
You are correct sir, they are the new BlueFlame 'Evo' cans, I opted for the 400mm insted of the standard 450mm as I think the shorter ones look nicer, and they work very well with the charger i.e. no burning and good gas expulsion.
They did have problems with some of there earlier cans blowing rivets but I'm glad to say that they have sorted out this 'little' problem, and with the noise restrictor bungs removed they really sound awesom.

.GNOME.

Back