Clear lenses

busa_boy_69

Registered
I just wanted to ask some people and see what their opinions are on clear lenses on the Busa? I know a lot of people on here have them but I think they are kinda ugly on the busa myself. Well lemme rephrase that, some color schemes on the busa they look really good with and on others it's not that they look ugly I just prefer the stock look. I have the 03 blk/gry and I think they are majorly out of place on it. Besides I think the bright red tail light on the bike looks mean as hell! Well I customized mine also so it looks a lot different than factory. Anyways what you guys think?

We might be in the minority on this one, but I agree with you. Of course the orange lenses on my orange Busa might go better than on other color schemes though. I had to replace my rear brake light assembly a few months ago, and opted for a stock unit again over a clear lens alternative because I thought it just looked better. (It was a real bonehead accident trailer accident that smashed my brake light. I had just taken out the cotter pin from the ramps when I let go momentarily and they fell from the vertical position into the rear end of the Busa.) Dohhhh!!!!

We might be in the minority on this one, but I agree with you.  Of course the orange lenses on my orange Busa might go better than on other color schemes though.  I had to replace my rear brake light assembly a few months ago, and opted for a stock unit again over a clear lens alternative because I thought it just looked better.  (It was a real bonehead accident trailer accident that smashed my brake light.  I had just taken out the cotter pin from the ramps when I let go momentarily and they fell from the vertical position into the rear end of the Busa.)  Dohhhh!!!!
lol.....damn dude sorry to hear about your luck on that one. But if thats all the damage that was done I guess you should consider yourself lucky. I'd rather have that happen than lowside her or something like that. Just make sure you keep her safe from now on. But I am glad to hear I am not the only one that thinks that about the clear lenses. I think it's just more of a car trend. Doesn't seem to match most bikes for me. My .02

Agree with the point that they look good with some color schemes.  I have them on my '03 and think they look much better than stock amber.  But I am also not a fan of the gold forks and gold calipers.  I think the stock amber looks good on the '03 LE, but for most others I would prefer clear.  Another option is to black them out or smoke them which I would do on the '02 SE or the '05 LE.  Just a pic to fuel the fire for both clear lenses and DB windscreens.  Muwaaaahhhhha!

BabyJ-39.jpg

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108906505 -->

I like em on my present color scheme,but when it was the stock color, the amber lenses looked better to me.:)

I have the 04 Black/Blue, I replaced the front lenses to clear... and they are looking a lot better than the orange ones. I ordered the Rear Indicators and the LED clear Tailllight just now
smile.gif

I'm sure they will look better than the Orange stock ones
wink.gif

Here is a picture (Sorry about the quality!! Took it with my Camera Phone)...

Image_02_.jpg

I'm one of those that think the color of your bike works with or doesn't work with the stock lens. I think the stock lens work for my 04' LE. That's just me though.

I liked the stock orange on my bike, until I saw the clear alternatives - I agree that it goes with certain color schemes better. I didn't dislike my stock ones, I just think the clear are really
cool.gif

Well I am surprised so far. I kinda thought I would be reemed for this post but almost everyone has went with my opinion so far......keep em coming

It all comes down to personnal preference..and after all it's your bike. It's always great to get compliments on different mods you've done from the different board members but it really comes down to how you feel about it. It's your investment.

OK...after all that being said, I prefer the clear lenses on 95% of the color schemes out there. I've got 'em on mine but I've got an '02 black LE.

Good luck bro!
eyes.gif

It all comes down to personnal preference..and after all it's your bike. It's always great to get compliments on different mods you've done from the different board members but it really comes down to how you feel about it. It's your investment.

OK...after all that being said, I prefer the clear lenses on 95% of the color schemes out there. I've got 'em on mine but I've got an '02 black LE.

Good luck bro!
eyes.gif
Oh I am not interested in getting them. I don't want them on my bike. I was just curious what other peoples feelings are on them. Thanks for the input though.

I think they are alot better looking on the front of every bike I've seen. The back.. ehh. I can take them or leave them. I do have the clear tail/turns on the back... but my wife bought one, and my daughter bought the other as a birthday present.. so it doesn't really matter which I like better.. hehe can't not use them ya know.

That'd be like not wearing the blinking trout necktie ya got for fathers day ya know.

I think they are alot better looking on the front of every bike I've seen.  The back.. ehh. I can take them or leave them. I do have the clear tail/turns on the back... but my wife bought one, and my daughter bought the other as a birthday present..  so it doesn't really matter which I like better.. hehe can't not use them ya know.

That'd be like not wearing the blinking trout necktie ya got for fathers day ya know.
lol.....thats why I always let everyone know that I am NOT opposed to gift certificates.

I think the clear lenses look better than the stock ones on most color combinations
biggrin.gif

I have them on my 04 Blue/Silver and they look a whole lot better than the stock amber ones. That was actually one of my very first mods I did, besides the reflectors/stickers.

I think it depends of the color scheme. Clear looks great on most schemes, but stock may look good too.

Back