Clarification on an issue that was brought to my attention

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
apparently my suggestion for a representative in Ashville to go see Captains friends, was in bad taste to some folks. if you haven't met me then you may not know. I judge people based on how they treat me or my family. my suggestion was one based on personal experience. I called DK when pappy had his stroke, and he dropped everything to go sit with him till steve could make it there. he was the one giving me all the reports on how pappy was doing and i passed those reports on to the org and on facebook for all that were concerned. in my mind. that is a positive , dare i say, redeeming quality. I do not know if he was asked if he would convey the message and be a good representative for captain's well wishes. He lives in Ashville and had stepped up to the plate to wish pappy well for all of us. if me seeing that and suggesting he may do the same for Captain was in bad taste...shame on those who judged me for suggesting ...and leads to the question of the "separation" and the "non family orientation" of some of the members. for those who "misinterpreted" my intentions for the suggestion... your forgiven.

mods if you feel this is inappropriate. feel free to delete.

Have to admit I laughed when I saw what you first posted. Doug in Asheville is good people. If people on here get offended screw them. You did nothing wrong by suggesting that. Bunch of divas on here buddy..

I've met him only once at a bash, and he was wonderful to talk to that weekend. I thought of him as I started to read caps thread, knowing he was from the Asheville area. Then when you suggested him, it was a no brainer for me.

chrisjp- F**K EM'! I Personally saw Nothing wrong with that. As a matter of fact, I thought it showed Good Taste. :beerchug:

I re-read the post you are referring to and see nothing wrong with your suggestion. As you mention above, the member you suggested seems to be a good choice to visit and convey condolences. Not sure why someone took exception to your suggestion?

Unfortunately Doug and Caye are enjoying the NC coast. They'll probably be home Tuesday.

Back