check this bigboy out!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
When at the launchramp of a local lake 2 wks ago (waterskiing day) we ran into a camera crew and folks launching....what I thought was a vintage wwII amphibious craft....wrong......it is a modern, high tech turbodiesel prototype that will be marketed to the USMC (semper fi) as an amphibious attack vehicle! When submerged, about 10 feet of it is underwater, almost like a sub with wheels! They lowered it in with cables as a precaution. It was hardly visible when in the water. Thought you active and vets would dig this.
Doyle ps the last pic is unrelated....next day at beach at Tahoe, just thought it was cool couse I caught a bird in it!

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

one more with door open....waiting for ten 0331's!

IMG_0712.jpg

We build the shaft coupleing hubs for those...allison turbine engines !!! We knew they were testing... Thats so cool

Pretty sweet, and for the record real men and real testing call for no sissy cable to pull it back up, go big or go home:laugh:

The first is an LAV, Light armoured vehicle. You can tell because it has tires, not tracks. I was deployed in 07, and managed to get attached to all the LAR units the Marine Corps keeps active. Its my fav Armoured vehicle the Corps uses, very versatile and way better than tracks.

The last pic shows an amphib track vehicle. Many Marines prefer these bc they have slighlty more interior space, BUT the jack:moon: who designed the exhaust put it IN FRONT of the trrp compartment. When you go forward it naturally ventillates into the troop hold whether the top doors are open or not. If theyre closed the air is better, but then the jostling and banging around from natural movement typically causes increased nasau and motion sickness.

I :love: LAV's

is that the one with the big plate in the front that actually gets up on plane in the water?

Back