check out my gps mount

hemi

Registered
002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpgwas bored tonight, and been thinkin of a cheap way to mount my garmin gps on the busa. This is what I came up with so far, works good and only cost $2.50. Used a 12" piece of 3/8" all thread through the stem opening with nuts/ washers on both sides. Then cut the plastic ball off my gps suction cup mount, drilled it a little smaller than the all-thread, and threaded the plastic ball onto it. Seems pretty sturdy so far. Let me know what u guys think

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Looks nice bro. I am going to head to the hardware store and try and do the same thing. I know I will mess up the ball up for sure though. I will have to find another way to do that. Keep us posted on how it handles the road and speed.

I would take some shrink tape and put it around the threaded portion. I tried something like this but the unit moved too much.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did almost the same thing. Bought the threaded rod at Lowes and threaded a RAM mount ball on top. Between the ball, rod,and GPS mount I have about $18.

i actually pulled it off about 1 day after i installed it, started thinking about it rusting and not being able to get it un-bolted should i need to. Was at sears this weekend and found some stainless steel all thread so i'm gonna give it another shot and use all stainless hardware. It seemed to work pretty good when i first tried it out, it does have a bit of glare on a sunny day, though. Kind of a cheasy way to do it, but i probably won't use the gps on the bike that often, and it's only like 10-15 bucks to do it, as opposed to a $50 mount, and then i'm sure i would wire the charger into the bike. This way i can just slap the gps on if i need it, and can un bolt it in a few seconds if i need the stem hole for the gas tank prop or something

micbusathens, i like your idea a lot better. But unfortuneatly i don't have access to a lathe or the creativity to assemble something like that, good job though

i just use the suction cup that came with mine and use it alot when doing trips...they are a great help navigating and not having to pull over and get a map out...and reroute when i miss the turn is great:bowdown:

Back