Changing leds in gen 1 dash...

Freechance

Registered
I was wanting to change the leds to blue where can i buy the leds..and how do u change them for the needle too

I was wanting to change the leds to blue where can i buy the leds..and how do u change them for the needle too

I may be wrong, but I believe all the mods that have a colored needle also use EL backlit face plates. The LEDs near the needles are replaced, and the face plates themselves are opaque to light from the rear, so it only comes through in the needle. It'd be a lot trickier to have needles a different color if you were back lighting the stock face plates.

Honestly bluegauges.com is the way to go; very good price, quality, and guarantee. Doing it yourself is a PITA.

Wow, I actually started making a video on how to change the LEDs and gauge faces last night... Someone reads minds :whistle:
It is currently in the editing stage and I need to add some things. I should be releasing it by Friday or Saturday :thumbsup:

You cannot change the LED for the Needle. Bluegauges changes the faces to illumiglows then puts a couple bright LEDs relatively under the needle to brighten it, they do not do anything special and they over charge a bit. The work is tedious to change them but it is a very nice mod.

It is NOT too bad of a pain in the rear. It will take 2-3 hours if you not have experience in working with circuit cards.

Heres my gauges, i was wanting to keep the blue face plates..but have different leds..i dont think the white faces would match my bike..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308108319.800834.jpg

Back