Chain and Sprockets for Turbo Bikes

GSX1300R-T

Members For Members
Donating Member
Registered
I'm finally in need of a chain and sprockets. It might be a little overkill,.......but I've decided on the EK ZZZ chain. I would like to hear from a few people on the longevity of aftermarket STEEL sprockets. I've researched Vortex, Driven, Supersprox, and several others. I'm leaning towards Driven at this point. Anyone with more FACTS??? Thanks in advance!!:beerchug:

While I'm here,..........any sponsors wanting to PM me with a package price,......feel free!! 18F/40R with EK ZZZ gold chain!

I have had good luck with driven sprockets on my turbo bike. In the past had tried an aluminum one, that was interesting to say the least what it looked like after not many miles LOL. How many links of zzz do you need? I can quote you on the chain but dont have any connections on driven sprockets.

Been running the EK ZZZ chain and a steel Driven sprocket ever since the 330 install...5000 miles and love it. Not much time in the seat yet for running it with the NOW turbo set up.

i used a vortec steel sprocket set and not much wear. The 530 drz chain stretch a little during brake in but after that no problems. Just keep it adjusted for riding on the street. Could be just me but didnt have good luck with zzz chains after full boost stabs while rolling. :laugh:

i used a vortec steel sprocket set and not much wear. The 530 drz chain stretch a little during brake in but after that no problems. Just keep it adjusted for riding on the street. Could be just me but didnt have good luck with zzz chains after full boost stabs while rolling. :laugh:

Can you give more details as to "didnt have good luck with zzz chains after full boost stabs while rolling"? Thanks!!:thumbsup:

I have to agree,2 zzz chains with limited(short) life.
Went back to a D.I.D and got back the chain life and minimal(2 or 3 so far) adjustments.Have always used them normally aspirated, with exceptional results.:thumbsup:

your results(others) will vary.:laugh: :beerchug:

i lost 2 ZZZ in a short time
had slipping 2nd though so caused extra strain
went to a drz2 (non oring) and havent had any issues since (even though i dont ride anymore and am setting up for track but it showed me its loads stronger)

Back