Celeb Telethons

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
Tonight I'm watching American Idol: Idol Gives Back and when I see Madonna pleading to the American public to send money to help HIV positive children in Africa it made me shout at the screen "How much are you giving, you rich b1tch!!??"...

Really... how much is this woman giving? I'm so sick of hearing of celebs giving their time instead of their money!!! Madonna is a millionaire at least 300 times over (and that's a low guesstimate) and she is telling ME to give money?

I don't know, but all this just rubs me the wrong way. And on the show tonight, Ellen Degeneres mentioned she'd give 100k... but to her that's crap! She's also a filthy rich lesbo because of her tv shows!!!

Ok. Update: tonight, the show raised 30 million bucks. That's impressive... but... but... but... if all of the celebs on the show gave 5 million (and most could afford it) then they could raise so much more money!!!

I guess I'm just so sick of hearing about celebs giving their time and preaching so much about issues instead of actually breaking open the bank and shelling out their cash! To many Americans 500 bucks is a lot! To a celeb, 100k is NOTHING!!!

I guess I'm just sick of being told to give money by people who think their time is more important than their money....

rant.gif

You know I don't give a flying F**K about HIV in Africa!!!!
How about we help the children here first, How about the homeless!
Want to help the HIV infected kids in Africa, SEND THEM CONDOMS!!!
Maybe then they won't have that problem any longer? We as a nation have to stop trying to help everybody else when we are just as messed up as the next guy! JMHO!

My opinion, as long as we have one child that is sick or without enough food here, then we don't have enough money to send anything anywhere else. Take care of YOUR family first, then anyone else !  
beerchug.gif

And like I care what a celeb thinks or says ! They have proven they're the most STUPID and Uninformed people  
argue.gif
on Earth

Over 50% of the population in Africa has AIDS!  It would take 2-3 generations of peeps to stop having kids to even make a dent in the AIDS epidemic in Africa.  That 30 million is just going to line the warlords pockets in the filthiest,  most unscrupioulous area in the world!  You might as well just bury that money in the ground and wait for a money tree!

Celebs give money for the tax break. That's why oprah gives away cars and so on and so forth. That why they make me mad they are not giving cause they want to put there money to good use they are giving so they do not have more taken away. I am with you man I think that anyone that has over 5 mil in the bank should have to give a certain percentage to charity. Even if they live outside this country and work inside. Get paid americain get taxed americain. Put maybee I am off my rocker
all_coholic.gif

Is anyone familiar with the term "Time is money"? The Celebs time is also a write off folks. Think about that as well. When they "Donate" their time, there is a value placed on it that a good accountant will use as a charitable contribution. If you think these people's motives are not driven by greed, think again.

Back