Carbon Fiber Rims

FAKK2

Registered

I have tossed out the idea of Magnesium rims and now come to think Carbon Fiber is the way to go. Now my Delema...

BST 6000 with Alloy Hub, Titanium fittings and Ceramic Bearings.

DYMAG 5 Spoke with Alloy Hub, Titanium fittings and Ceramic Bearings.

OR

PVM 5Y's Forged Magnesiums Better, with Alloy Hub, Titanium fittings and Ceramic Bearings.

OR

What would be a good set of rims for Racing on a track, street use and Drag Strip? using Alloy Hub, Titanium fittings and Ceramic Bearings.

Which and why, all you who may have both, or close to the above set ups, chime in, pro cons and why to get which or not to get which, I value everyones opinion. So speak up.

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096159816 -->

None, your wasting money. They are brittle, and unless your some sort of roadracing god? Seriously? You will never find any real plus to buying these exotic wheels. Find Some good OZ forged Aluminum and call it good.

Remember, don't trust anyone trying to sell you something... Seriously, Yeah Carbon looks neat but a total waste of money.

One last thought, just imagine your local Dealership's HighSchool kid employee pulling your carbon wheels and mounting new tires for ya... Them wheels are assed up in no time...

Anyway, My .02 Total waste of money, High cost, low value mod...

Rev he didn't ask "if" he should. He asked "which and why".

You obviously have no freaking idea of what you speak about this subject. Your "advice" above is HOOEY!

Just my $.02 too...

Rev, I hear ya brutha. WarBaby, I really enjoy your feedback and have learned alot form you but before you touch the keyboard click

Rev he didn't ask "if" he should. He asked "which and why".

You obviously have no freaking idea of what you speak about this subject. Your "advice" above is HOOEY!

Just my $.02 too...
Thus Speaks The salesman...

Your right, I do not know all the fine print in regards to Carbon wheels, nor do you. I do know though that you are trying to make a sale, therefore your advice is worth Fug all!!!! I am not the one Pimping some Shid he doesn't fuggin need, <span style='color:red'>IF NEED</span> is a concern... Hell it could be ALL about the looks, Damn the price... Which makes all this discussion useless.

If it was a GSXR1K, and he was all about track days and really improving handling? Cool, but the dude said it in his other post. "Street, Everyday, 1/4 mile"... Hmm, Carbon the best choice here? REAL WORLD?

Carbon is badass, yeah cannot argue that, but from a value added/performance POV it's complete crap to tell a guy who wants a street wheel and wants to hit the 1/4 mile to go Carbon. To what end? What Performance advantage? Oh that's right your selling some... I gotcha...

Is he asking "IF"? No your right, but in my Opinion he's just pissing away extra dollars and your just happen to have a line on some wheels, cool enough. Supply and Demand..

Mostly I am just trying to make the point that there are some sweet Forged alloy wheels out there that offer good performance gains, sweet looks, and will stand up to real world abuse. For a lot less money than Carbon.

Hell I fuggin dig Carbon Fiber, I love High tech materials, it's good stuff. But it just may not be the best solution from a Cost VS Performance Perspective.

So unless of Course you have some fuggin magic Carbon wheels that are worth a crap and cost the same as Forged Aluminum Alloy Wheels...

No?
rock.gif
Huh...

For the record though, I don't really give a fug... So Fleece away... I've said what I felt was true... Thats all.

Either way... sounds like HayaBusa Knight is tripping.... Hey Knight? Did you post any pics or anything yet? Or are you just working out Hypotheticals?
rock.gif

Dayuuummmm!! Uh Revlis.. If I EVER said anything to offend you I am sooo sorry man.. I mean really I am... Uh.. you can have the bike just don't hurt me man.. please..

No hypotheticals, I lost my '04 LE thanks to Frances Everything from the seat forward was destroyed, Plus the helmet on the handle bars, so now I am going to add a few different things to the next one. I thought maybe new rims I liked the PVM Y5's and the BST 6000 did not seem to bad as well as the DyMag 5 spokes, Guess should not have asked. was looking for input from people who replaced their stock rims with the above or with something else to say how they liked theirs etc... Another words worth it or not? I want to lighten up the bike, but I want to also get things that will improve the bike in other areas not just weight loss. any company can say what they WANT.. it is people on here in the real world with it that know better, I rather spend a few cents more on the better product than to skimp and get poop. Or not buy the other rated over priced stuff when the middle of the road is better or the cheaper does the same and costs less... know what I mean and were I am comming from. So much stuff out their for the BUSA...

How about the forged Magnesium PVM Y5's H's and 10 Spokes. I kinda liked what I read up pn them but no one has them to ask that I know of.

Your right, I do not know all the fine print in regards to Carbon wheels, nor do you. I do know though that you are trying to make a sale[/QUOTE]

You err again. I have no CF wheels for sale, nor do I sell CF wheels, nor ANY brand of wheels for that matter. Nor do I have any interest, vested or otherwise, in anyone who does sell them. Is THAT clear enough for you?

I do have an interest in those who irresponsibly present non-experiential advice as though it were God-sent.

u may also want to consider these things.. do u wheelie? if so u may come down sometime to hard and crack a wheel. cf or magnesium. are ur roads that u ride pothole free? another way to crack either type of wheel..

No hypotheticals, I lost my '04 LE thanks to Frances Everything from the seat forward was destroyed, Plus the helmet on the handle bars, so now I am going to add a few different things to the next one. I thought maybe new rims I liked the PVM Y5's and the BST 6000 did not seem to bad as well as the DyMag 5 spokes, Guess should not have asked. was looking for input from people who replaced their stock rims with the above or with something else to say how they liked theirs etc... Another words worth it or not? I want to lighten up the bike, but I want to also get things that will improve the bike in other areas not just weight loss. any company can say what they WANT.. it is people on here in the real world with it that know better, I rather spend a few cents more on the better product than to skimp and get poop. Or not buy the other rated over priced stuff when the middle of the road is better or the cheaper does the same and costs less... know what I mean and were I am comming from. So much stuff out their for the BUSA...
Allright so basically your starting fresh, and you want to go the distance right? Fair Nuff'.

First thing I woul ddo is slow the fug down. You have posts concerning your bike from stem to stern... Chill a little and find a serious tuner shop here in Florida or wherever your located. Find someone who is experianced in building motors and see if you can pick their brain for a little while. You want Badass ultimate performance? You better have a plan, cause once you start messing with one thing... You'll be messing with the rest...

If YOU like Carbon Wheels Go for it, and if you decide to go for it I wouldn't hesitate to buy the BST's... Not one bit, JUST BE CAREFUL WITH THEM OUT IN THE WORLD... It's not that they are fragile, it's that they aren't flexible, good N bad there...

I don't wanna shut you down man, I am not trying to steal your Thunder, but I think it would be a good idea to talk to a pro and have a plan when it comes to the chassis and Motor mods.

Your right, I do not know all the fine print in regards to Carbon wheels, nor do you.  I do know though that you are trying to make a sale

You err again. I have no CF wheels for sale, nor do I sell CF wheels, nor ANY brand of wheels for that matter. Nor do I have any interest, vested or otherwise, in anyone who does sell them. Is THAT clear enough for you?

I do have an interest in those who irresponsibly present non-experiential advice as though it were God-sent.[/QUOTE]
My Bad, I did think you were the one selling them on SH.org.

As for the "Non-experiential" Advice as god sent? I don't think I have done that, so much as pointed out that Carbon while badass, may not be the best plan, especially from a real world, real road hazard perspective.

I think Carbon Wheels are a complete waste of money on a Hayabusa compared to a Forged Alloy wheel... Your just not going to see that much of a performance difference when were talking hayabusa.. At least not enough to justify the price difference...

Either way I'm being an ass... my Bad man...

You can still go fug yourself with the "Hooey" thing but yeah, my bad...

HayaBusa Knight - It is clear from your various posts on the subject, here and elsewhere, that you are soliciting real information about wheels. I salute your wisdom. Having no experience with other brands and types of wheels (except RC Components) on a Hayabusa, I defer to those who do have such experience. Perhaps the info I have offered in some of those posts has been helpful with respect to CF rims. If you call gwizz509 at 843-450-2872, as he has invited you to do, he can give you contact data for multiple Busa owners with CF rims--some of whom are accomplished racers, all of whom understand the pros and cons of actually using CF rims for street and/or track purposes. Misinformation is abundant so go to the source of experience and get their information regardless of whether you prefer Carbon Fiber, Magnesium, Aluminum, or Unobtanium. For reference, here are some of those threads I have mentioned:

Obviously, the "worth" factor of any wheel set is relative to each person. For me, CF rims are worth every penny as the most effective and beneficial mod I have EVER made to any motorcycle. Your perception of worth, of course, may vary from mine and from others. Sorry to hear about your bike loss to Frances. Good luck with your next Busa and mods!  
smile.gif

Revlis - You can still go fug yourself with the "Hooey" thing but yeah, my bad...[/QUOTE]
fuck_you_by_junior.jpg
WarBaby is out of here!

Allright so basically your starting fresh, and you want to go the distance right?  Fair Nuff'.

First thing I woul ddo is slow the fug down.  You have posts concerning your bike from stem to stern...  Chill a little and find a serious tuner shop here in Florida or wherever your located.  Find someone who is experianced in building motors and see if you can pick their brain for a little while.  You want Badass ultimate performance?  You better have a plan, cause once you start messing with one thing...  You'll be messing with the rest...

If YOU like Carbon Wheels Go for it, and if you decide to go for it I wouldn't hesitate to buy the BST's...  Not one bit, JUST BE CAREFUL WITH THEM OUT IN THE WORLD... It's not that they are fragile, it's that they aren't flexible, good N bad there...

I don't wanna shut you down man, I am not trying to steal your Thunder, but I think it would be a good idea to talk to a pro and have a plan when it comes to the chassis and Motor mods.
Like I said sept 3rd I was to have my bike, Frances destroyed it, So I amd going to add CF or Mag rims to whatever one I get now. The other was an '04 LE RED one. Anyhow Yes I want to put on now than later since heard it changes it radically as far as feel and way you have to ride it, So might as wlel go for it.

As far as motor mod, their in the future, turbo or nos or both as well as going from 1300 to 1400 or 1500 too. but I am curious I like to know all about this and that. Also figure people will chime in saying I did this it sucked. some may say they did it and love it. So their now a delema, but their are pro's on here who do it who can say if it is good idea with this or not or go this way and you will be happier etc... know wer eI am going, also I will be well educated when I get that hair up my ass to do it. But yet when it happens I know what is right to do and what is no way stay away from doing this or that or this way, know what I mean and were I am going with this.

To clear things up I do wheelie, not alot but here and their. and read wheel not front. Also I ride hard and I am hard on my machines when I ride. But I respect them too. I alos want to ride race track like Daytona(oval and full track with turns) as well as drag strip and street(and yes some areas have pot holes and uneven too. not may roads are perfect, I know that. I also know that the CF's flaw is that it is not flexable, as well as Magnesium are not flexable either... I prefer to hear from no sales people, I WANT YOU, who have them or had them why you like how are they doing, why you got rid of them and got what you have on now, and why you choose what you have, and would you buy them again and again and again, as well as if yo had the money what would you get?
rock.gif
and why?
rock.gif
No I am not rich, but you get what you pay for, and I am a firm believer in that and not to skimp either. especially on a bike, can be life or death.

rock.gif

HayaBusa Knight - It is clear from your various posts on the subject, here and elsewhere, that you are soliciting real information about wheels. I salute your wisdom. Having no experience with other brands and types of wheels (except RC Components) on a Hayabusa, I defer to those who do have such experience. Perhaps the info I have offered in some of those posts has been helpful with respect to CF rims. If you call gwizz509 at 843-450-2872, as he has invited you to do, he can give you contact data for multiple Busa owners with CF rims--some of whom are accomplished racers, all of whom understand the pros and cons of actually using CF rims for street and/or track purposes. Misinformation is abundant so go to the source of experience and get their information regardless of whether you prefer Carbon Fiber, Magnesium, Aluminum, or Unobtanium. For reference, here are some of those threads I have mentioned:

Obviously, the "worth" factor of any wheel set is relative to each person. For me, CF rims are worth every penny as the most effective and beneficial mod I have EVER made to any motorcycle. Your perception of worth, of course, may vary from mine and from others. Sorry to hear about your bike loss to Frances. Good luck with your next Busa and mods!  
smile.gif

Revlis - You can still go fug yourself with the "Hooey" thing but yeah, my bad...
fuck_you_by_junior.jpg
WarBaby is out of here![/QUOTE]
You know, I am looking, I am reading... I cannot find anything to disagree with...

Just write it off to Pre Hurricanne Anxiety... Yup PHA It's like PMS but it's all about the weather... I am tired of em...

Well Except that finger... I got your Finger right here man... Now leave me be... I'm Busy.....

babe9855.jpg

Back