Carbon fiber bars & bar-ends

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Well after about 30 minutes of Dremel work, I have the CF bars modified so the alum/CF bar-ends will mount up. Huge weight savings, and I think they look Tasty. For the price and the little-bit of modifying, this Has to be one of the Best - Bang for the Buck CF Mods I've done. A big thanks to my Buddy Vic for th CF hook-up
smile.gif

Not sure of the complete weight saving at this point, but has to be around 4 to 7 lbs...I will weigh up the stock parts when I get them off, but the new setup for everything has to weigh in at about 1 lb

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

how are you gonna get them to fit the stock clamps?

can I see a pic of what you did to make it work? are those cf/graphite or only cf? hollow or solid??

how are you gonna get them to fit the stock clamps?

can I see a pic of what you did to make it work? are those cf/graphite or only cf? hollow or solid??
Well they are the same Diameter as stock, so they fit the clamps just fine. I will just drill a few holes in the bars once I mount them and insert the stock bolts to secure the bars.

I had to bore out the 1 end of each bar so the 7/8" bar ends would fit in the bar itself. I would say I had to shave off about 1/8" around, and about 1 1/2" down the tube.

They are CF and they are hollow...Very solid, I tested as Vic also tested the bar. I put bar on top of door and hung my weight on the bar for about 10 seconds...no cracking, bending, stress marks...and I weigh about 210Lbs.

So how much extra vibration do you think you'll pic up with such a light setup.
rock.gif
( My hands already go to sleep)

Definitely bada$$ looking though, give ya props there.

rock.gif

I plan on shooting some foam in the tubes, so this should still keep them very light & absorb shock as good as the stock solid bars.

They look awesome. I see a great marketing idea in your future....can you say "cha-ching"? Great looking bars and ends-I would pay for them all drilled out to fit
smile.gif
How much time went into this mod?

rock.gif

Actually carbon Dampens Vibes better than Aluminum. It's a "dead" material if you will. So, they should actually provide better vibe reduction than stock. (In theory)

rock.gif

Actually carbon Dampens Vibes better than Aluminum.  It's a "dead" material if you will.  So, they should actually provide better vibe reduction than stock. (In theory)
Rev`s theory is absolutely correct. Less vibration vs.solid alluminum.

I have only one set left for myself, sorry guys.

Carbon is strong too, but be careful when clamping it down, carbon does crack easy for some reason and when it goes it goes no real warning. Don't ask how I know.

serious marketing potential there ...and good looks to boot...it will be a one of a kind!!!!

when carbon fiber breaks it usually just goes. very little warning. they look great just watch them.
vader1.gif

Back