Can't trust anyone (sequel)

mistaforty

Registered
I'm lookin to buy another busa in a few months but this price was something I could do now so I inquired and these are the emails I received. I chalked it up as a scam and then today i see the bike on eBay (same pics) for sale apparently legitimately. some people.... U have to read from the bottom for the right order

Hi there,
Right now I am at the military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This means that I am doing a special training and I am not allowed to get out of the unit. The bike is already at the shipping company in Topeka KS sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Amazon. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the bike prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense.
If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, i can ask Amazon to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Amazon will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Amazon will all the transaction information please reply with your full name and ph# and they will contact you right away.

Regards

>*
> On May 29, 2012, at 19:51, Hansen Annette L SSgt USAF ACC 23 FSS FSVF <annette.hansen36@msn.com> wrote:
>*
> >*
> >*
> > Hello there,
> > My name is Annette, and I'm emailing you about the Suzuki I have for sale. The bike is in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless condition, no scratches and no dents. It has never been involved in an accident. The mileage is 8,407, with an 1507 cc engine size. It has a clear title with no loans or liens on it. The price was reduced at $3,600 as I need to sell the bike before the 12th of June when I will be leaving with my platoon back to Afghanistan, so I don't want it getting old in my backyard.
> > If you have any other questions, or need more info, please feel free to ask.
> > Click on this link and you can see some pics of the Hayabusa: 2004 suzuki hayabusa | Your free online photo album with MyAlbum.com!
> >*
> > Thank you,
> > Annette
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> > Is $3600 a typo and what's the mileage. Is any thing wrong with the bike? Thanks
> >*
> > Reverbnation.com/mistaforty
> > All met Entertainment
> > 202*403*4089

the CL ad was too good to be true, so the bike on ebay now is the legit one?

Correct @kromdom u can even click the link in the email "she" sent me and the album is still live with the same pics.

I'm lookin to buy another busa in a few months but this price was something I could do now so I inquired and these are the emails I received. I chalked it up as a scam and then today i see the bike on eBay (same pics) for sale apparently legitimately. some people.... U have to read from the bottom for the right order

Hi there,
Right now I am at the military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This means that I am doing a special training and I am not allowed to get out of the unit. The bike is already at the shipping company in Topeka KS sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Amazon. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the bike prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense.
If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, i can ask Amazon to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Amazon will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Amazon will all the transaction information please reply with your full name and ph# and they will contact you right away.

Regards

>*
> On May 29, 2012, at 19:51, Hansen Annette L SSgt USAF ACC 23 FSS FSVF <annette.hansen36@msn.com> wrote:
>*
> >*
> >*
> > Hello there,
> > My name is Annette, and I'm emailing you about the Suzuki I have for sale. The bike is in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless condition, no scratches and no dents. It has never been involved in an accident. The mileage is 8,407, with an 1507 cc engine size. It has a clear title with no loans or liens on it. The price was reduced at $3,600 as I need to sell the bike before the 12th of June when I will be leaving with my platoon back to Afghanistan, so I don't want it getting old in my backyard.
> > If you have any other questions, or need more info, please feel free to ask.
> > Click on this link and you can see some pics of the Hayabusa: 2004 suzuki hayabusa | Your free online photo album with MyAlbum.com!
> >*
> > Thank you,
> > Annette
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> >*
> > Is $3600 a typo and what's the mileage. Is any thing wrong with the bike? Thanks
> >*
> > Reverbnation.com/mistaforty
> > All met Entertainment
> > 202*403*4089
Thats the classic scam, right down to the seller being in the military and using their 3rd party to pretend to be amazon, and the whole "try it out for 5 days and send it back if you don't like it" part. Classic :laugh: You guys need to read up on how these scams work....I thought more folks on here were savvy to that stuff ???
You can tell by the way they respond in the e-mails that english isn't their main language.
Thats a carbon copy down to the 3 days shipping and 5 test days (and almost wording even) of several scams I've recieved and seen online posted on some sites trying to warn folks.
Craigslist is loaded with those anymore.

This should be stickied so folks can see what these scams actually look like :banghead:
There's always somebody who wants to believe the deal is true so bad that they fall for it..............you fish enough you'll eventually hook something. I personally know of somebody that fell for one of those scams......sad
And the e-bay ad is no more legit than the cl one was. You'd be doing everybody a favor by alerting e-bay to your e-mails......save somebody else from getting scammed :thumbsup: ....and maybe even get these lowlifes busted :cheerleader: :beerchug:

I seen tons and tons of these ads, on a slow day I'll email a few of them and tell them Im interested.. then when they reply back I'll offer them $2500 more then what they asking for as long as they deliver in person and keep Fing with them till they stop responding. :rofl::rofl:

Lmao @ sanket. I do the same thing. These people kill me. Unfortunately folks will continue to fall for these things

Just got one similar just last night.. Here's mine. It was for a ZX12 for $2000 I knew it was spam, just thought I'd like to hear their crappy story...

"Hello,

My 2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R has 9,336 miles, is in excellent condition, no liens or loans,it has been very well maintained, with a clean title and no accident history.I am selling it at this final price of $1,800 because my husband died 1 month ago (he had a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap.I, along with my daughter decided to sell the house and so we moved to my brother in Deltona, FL trying to start a new life.

I want to use eBay services for the safety of both of us so if you're interested in purchasing this bike just email me with your full name, address including the zip code and phone number, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

For more pictures here is a link to the bike's photo gallery:Ninja ZX12R - Imgur

I look forward to hearing from you,
Melisa Nivens

Sent from my iPad"

i have dealt with a few scammers.
had a fatboy i was interested in for $4500. when i inquired, the seller said it was in Florida. i said "No problem, my buddy Saiid is a police officer down there and would be delighted to come and check out the bike for me."

NO REPLY! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats the classic scam, right down to the seller being in the military and using their 3rd party to pretend to be amazon, and the whole "try it out for 5 days and send it back if you don't like it" part. Classic :laugh: You guys need to read up on how these scams work....I thought more folks on here were savvy to that stuff ???
You can tell by the way they respond in the e-mails that english isn't their main language.
Thats a carbon copy down to the 3 days shipping and 5 test days (and almost wording even) of several scams I've recieved and seen online posted on some sites trying to warn folks.
This should be stickied so folks can see what these scams actually look like

yeah id heard of it and have seen the warnings and as i said chalked it up to a scam but its the first one i actually had seen...the icing was just seeing the same pics with all the details and listed on a different service with a realistic price. so i posted it

These things are rampant all over Craigslist, there's no telling how many people get caught up in this. It would sure be nice if something could be done. If I run up on one I usually play with them a little. Its always fun to start asking for info, like a copy of the current registration with their name, their address, phone number and SS# along with a copy of the title and a picture of the VIN# located on the bike. Then start asking for the exact location of the bike and no matter where they tell you it is I always respond back with "I have a friend in that City and they can come pick it up for me". That's usually the end!:laugh: Something to do on a rainy day for fun :rofl:

yeah I was searching around when I was looking for my busa, and saw an add that looked to good to be true. When I emailed, got something similar, would ship for free, had to sell now yada yada yada... I replied I was very interested and had cash, but would not pay a penny until I could see the bike, and then did not get a response....

Back