can you transfill nitrous

Chill the smaller bottle while it is empty in the freezer. Just run the line from the large bottle to the smaller. Open the smaller bottle first and then open the larger bottle. It should only take about a minute to equalize the pressure. Cose both bottles and disconnet the lines. Be careful of the Nitrous that is purged from the line. It can burn the skin.

These are my bottles for my Airshifter. I fill them while they are in my bike.

Tailsection.jpg

we used to do it all the time until I finally bought the cryo pump..

If you are buying nitrous+ or other adulterated nitrous (and that is the non-prescription type) you will need to build a stand as most are without down tubes (a tube that runs from the valve to the bottom of the tank) so the bottle will need inverted so that it discharges liquid when the valve is open. Check with the supplier to see what kind of bottle they are sending..

An accurate scale is also nice to have so you know where you are at on the fill.

Accidents: liquid nitrous will instantly freeze skin.. it will cause injury right now... so gloves are a good idea when dealing with refilling tanks..

Eye protection is MANDATORY... one slip and your life will change forever..

Before the cryo pump, we would either chill the bottles or evacuate them (AC vacuum pumps work fantastic)

Regardless please be careful, the burn you get from liquid nitrous is not pretty.... (and before someone has a cow, it is a freeze burn)

Sulfur dioxide to be specific and liquid nitrogen is also used by Dr's

So, if I have access to medical grade nitrous, you are saying that all I have to do is freeze my small bottles, then connect a high pressure line from the big (supply) tank to my little bottles, then open the valve on my little bottles, and then open the valve on the supply tank and weigh the bottle as the gas is going into it?
Will the pressure be enough in the small bottles? I mean when they are filled with a pump, don't they end up with like 1000psi or something?
Can I use medical grade nitrous? It should be basically the same chemical makeup isn't it?
If I can use medical grade, I may have pretty good access to it...LOL!!
cool.gif
thumb_up.gif

you can use medical grade yes.... they add sulfur dioxide to normal nitrous just to stop abuse of it.. (I never sold medical grade as it was not worth going to jail over)

You will need to invert the bottle as medical bottles dispense gas, not liquid..

you can use medical grade yes....  they add sulfur dioxide to normal nitrous just to stop abuse of it.. (I never sold medical grade as it was not worth going to jail over)

You will need to invert the bottle as medical bottles dispense gas, not liquid..
Invert the big bottle or the small one? Those big ones are heavy!!

the big bottle needs inverted.. you have to transfer liquid..

How to make a stand:

I took a shipping valve cover cap and cut the threaded portion off the round cap part.. I then built a tripod stand and welded the legs to a thin steel plate. Screw the new threaded device to the top of the bottle and flip the bottle over (after you attach the fill line) and it sits on the flat steel plate holding the bottle inverted and about 14" off the ground..

Hmmm, but the pressure will be enough to use after the transfer?? I may have to re-think my approach..LOL!!, as I am not REALLY supposed to get any of this

thanks bogus,

lol, ill be using medical grade, i have an unlimited supply

weeweeeweeeweeweee

wooompwooompwooompwoooomp

thanks for the advice on the burns i didnt really think about that

yes, do be careful.. I have had a couple close calls.. I would suggest that your fill line have shutoff valves built in and that you treat it well... if it ruptures it can get ugly fast..

no where near as nasty as the 1 ton cylinders of chlorine gas I had to work with but still dangerous if you get careless..

We get our main supply bottles with siphon tubes in them, so we can leave them upright.

The pressure difference is what fills the colder bottle from the warmer one.. Once the little bottle is filled, it will warm up and pressure will be higher.

Back