can I ride???

shady

Registered
I am overweight,265 pounds, and was woundering if it was a problem for me if i wanted to learn to ride a hayabusa. I was also woundering how long it would take me to learn how to ride one. I've always rode in the backseat of a hayabusa a couple of times and was woundring if i could be the driver for once.

shady

Do you have ANY experience being the operator of a motorcycle? Whats your height? Thats a very vague question

i weight 240. i ride a busa fine.

would i recommend it to start out on, HELL NO.

however, it is CERTAINLY something you could work up to.

get a standard bike first. they make big bikes with no fairings, yet with ample power, but not to much, that are MUCH easier to ride than a busa. check out a shadow or something like that. once you can ride it WELL, then get a busa.

I am overweight,265 pounds, and was woundering if it was a problem for me if i wanted to learn to ride a hayabusa. I was also woundering how long it would take me to learn how to ride one. I've always rode in the backseat of a hayabusa a couple of times and was woundring if i could be the driver for once.

shady
Shady: Just based on your question I would recommend that you enroll in a local motocycle safety riding course. You don't mention any riding experience and the Busa is a real beast of a bike, not a very tame starter-bike. Because of your weight I would suggest getting something in the range of a used 900-1000 cc bike to get some hours under your belt. Regardless of your decision, good luck and be safe! Wear a helmet too!

Postal.
cool.gif

I AGREE WITH POSTAL TAKE A RIDING COURSE ...THEN START ON SOMETHING ELSE AND MOVE UP AFTER THAT. I DIDNT RIDE FOR ABOUT 6YRS AND I BOUGHT A BANDIT 1200 FIRST THEN BOUGHT A BUSA. AND I AM 6'5 AND 240LBS. CHECK OUT THE BANDIT GREAT BIKE AND WILL HANDLE YOUR BODY AND COMFORTABLE .

The Busa is prolly about the only sport bike out there that will be big enough to fit comfortably. However, I would recommend checking out some of the power cruisers out there first. For the bigger guys, especially if were talking more round than tall the cruiser will offer a whole lot more comfort. Of course they are not sport bikes but it might be worth checkiing out, especially the VTX. You should still start on something cheap and small if you have no experiance at all. Go to the MSF beginner course, get a simple used first bike to start, then after 6-12 months depending on how much you ride, step up to the Busa and color yourself gone. The Busa is definitely an e-ticket and you will be able to enjoy and appreciate it more after cutting your teeth on something simple.

My .02

265...so what i'm 6'2 345 and whip my busa like a champ....but i am losing weight i will probably be your weight by summer. Then i will REALLY be whippin that shi%!
laugh.gif
Ride on Big Dog!!! Take a course if you dont know how to ride. cuz i'm going on 11 years

For what it's worth, I'm 275lbs and have a great time, however I'm pretty tall (just about 6'5"). If you are a lot shorter than me, I'd say it was going to be a handful.

If you've never ridden (er, that is "driven") a motorcycle before, the Hayabusa is probably a bad place to start, not so much because of what the power could do to you but because it's heavy as motorcycles go. This means that you are much more likely to find yourself dropping the bike or crashing in "rookie error" situations that you could wrangle a lighter bike out of.

I think the "ohmygoditsthefastestbikeintheworldyouregonnakillyourself" stuff is a bit over-done, but the heft of a large motorcycle does present a serious challenge to a new rider. This is of particular importance when mastering turns -- the extra bulk (and longer wheelbase) will distract you from following good lines and avoiding hazards.

Being a larger guy also, I can feel for you -- starting on a smaller bike is going to suck a bit because (a) the suspension won't really be up to the task, (b) you'll be rowing the gears a lot, and © if it's physically a very small bike, such as a NightHawk or a little dualie, you're going to think you look stupid. But, OTOH, you get to ride a motorcycle and "they" don't, and at some point you will surely be able to move up to something bigger and better.

FWIW, the (stock) 'Busa is a pussycat considering what it is. You'll only grab a handful of that throttle in anger once, however, I promise you.

They are on the money,take the course and follow Nicks advice.Ride something else for a while.Then you will have something to compare it too.

deffinatly not a busa not your first ride and unless you are pretty responable person maybe not your second either the bike will haul your weght really haul it  when i brought my bike home the first day the only thing i could think is that i couldnt belive that any one could just buy one these and ride off on it im not kidding the first day i rode it it gave me whipp lash and hyper extended my right shoulder i almost went down over an itch and a twitch no joke been riding big cc bikes for years this bike made my gixxer 1100s feel like a 600 or maybe a 750 anyway if you do buy one cuz I know there is a couple of guys that did get a busa for a first bike BEWARE this is serious piece of equipment take your time and pay attention this thing will come up on turn almost instantly no show boating and ignore the requests of your buddies they tease all they want just ask them where there busa is  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|orangebusa??
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074859863 -->

I bought the busa as my first street bike but I never doubted my skills with riding. I've owned dirtbikes since I've been 8 yrs old and have ridden about 15yrs. no riding experience = no busa

Geez, you all make me seem like a squirt. I only weigh 150 at best (5'09"). But I look at it this way, I am already at a 100 lb advantage and that makes a big difference for acceleration and handling. But the Busa is a big bad bike that can handle a big bad rider so ride on friends.

And of course most pro riders are my size so I do not feel bad, the lighter the better, less weight = more speed.

The Busa is a lot of motorcycle for anyone, regardless of size. A good safety course would be a good start, and then if you still want the Busa ... get it...

As a somewhat new rider myself. Found the riding posisiton to be most important. Seeing most of the riding is turning and manuvering around. The cramped position afforded on many sportbikes would be difficult to start out with. Standard street bikes, with handle bars above waist level and forward foot pegs. Both comfortable and user freindly. More then horse power it's rider's ergodynamics, I think is more forgiving a beginner learning curve. The Busa has a little of that going for it.
There is many in ranks of first bike, first time riders riding high preformance sportbikes. I suppose quickly they learn discipline of throttle. During starts, in the corners and straightways.
It's the rider more then the bike. Cause a new rider more likely to drop a bike (slow speed stuff). Reccomending bikes that don't damage easily. Those type are Naked and Standard street bikes. Recommending light weight bikes with same reason. Their light they are easier to save from dropping.
Recommending less horsepower saves the rear wheel breaking loose by accident. Extra rider weight helps in this department
biggrin.gif

The Kawasaki 250 is the ultimate beginner's bike for those who will graduate into sportsbike. The handling is excellent, riding posisiton easy. Horse power is low, teaches using gears to hit the power band best. Can drop it all day and it hardly shows.
Starting out on a Busa, I can only guess. Take a month of riding around on familar streets. To get familar with it's character.
It's the traffic to learn most about. Learning to be safe among a bunch of killers. Takes a measure of defensive and offensive driving styles to do so. Find this with any bike you start out with. Be alert, ride smart and a bunch more, you'll be OK.

The will handle the weight just fine... my concern is how well you can handle the bike
rock.gif

Take the MSF Class and then work up to a busa

Back