Can I remove this stuff? pics inside

sean06

Registered
Id do a search, but I dont know what these parts are called. Im wondering if removing this stuff will help performance at all, and if not will it hurt anything to remove it. It would clean up the engine bay and drop a few ounces:thumbsup:. Two of the setups have sensors plugged into them. If I unplug the sensor and remove the related hoses will it throw a FI light? I would just remove all the stuff and plug or cap the nipples coming off of the throttle bodies and airbox. And I think they make block off plates for the 2 ports on the top of the head, but Im not sure about the one on the top of the crank case. I guess the one on the top of the crank case is a pcv system of some sort, so it probably wouldnt be too smart to remove that one now that I think about it.

DSC02582.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

thanks for any help or info

pair valve stuff can go..but not the air box breather hose nor the sensors

I believe that it is the P.A.I.R system and can be easily removed BUT it is a vital part of the factory exhaust system which helps the ecu determine how to run the bike properly.
If you have the factory exhaust still on I would think NO you should not remove it. If you have installed an aftermarket system than yes most will not use this. If you remove it you will need to get block off plates. I got mine from Schnitz and they worked perfect.
I installed aftermarket full exhaust with power commander V and plugged O2 sensor on engine as well as removed all things associated with the P.A.I.R system.

Everything in pic one seems to be P.A.I.R system
Pic two looks like crankcase breather, I don't think you can remove this.
Pic three looks like air box breather, I don't think you want to remove this either

And yes be careful you remove only things associated with the P.A.I.R system not the air box breather hose nor sensors.

As far as helping performance I dont really think it would unless you consider the loss of 3 ounces of rubber hoses an improvemnet due to weight savings.

I am no professional and have only learned this basic info like you thru this org. so others please correct me if my answer is wrong.
This is all stuff I trickled along and learned the slow way. After growing up with Kawis and no gizmos it is all new to me as well.

Hope that helps....???

Last edited:
thanks for the replies. I have brocks exhaust system and have already plugged the PAIR hose that goes to the air box with the little cap they send with thier kit.

So when you removed your pair system did you leave the sensor just laying there or did you unplug it and remove the whole thing? I just dont want to through a FI light and have it on all the time.

And in the second pic there is the crankcase breather and the system that pulls air from each throttle body and sent air through my charcoal canister (CA model) Id really like to remove all that crap just to clean things up and make the bike easier to work on. But there is a sensor or valve that is hooked up to it, can this be unplugged without throughing a light? I guess I could just try it. Do the FI lights come on instantly if you leave something unplugged or does it take a few cycles for it to trigger?

thanks again

This is what was taken off of my bike and I believe the sensor you see is the O2 sensor from my exhaust system which was removed and a special plug that came with pwr cmndr was installed on engine side of wires. Others may be able to say more definitely regarding sensor, but I do know all of the PAIR system came out in one piece as you see, nothing else separately.

pair system.jpg

Last edited:
Back