Can i get some input here please?

BAD BUSA 05

Registered
I know this has probably been covered before,but i have an 05 Busa with 16,000 miles on it.i don't know how the previous owner treated it but believe it or not i don't ride it hard and have never shifted it past 7-9 grand playing around on a straight away.and i don't putt around on it but i do ride the speed limit or 5-10 mph above usually.now to the point here...i was just wondering if the mileage on my bike is bad or not? or what is concidered bad mileage on one of these.thanks for your input on this guys! i just feel like i'm in a car with over 100,000 miles on it LOL! it gives no problems and never has,it runs and rides SUPER!

Last edited:
I have 9,000 on my 2006 and runs fine

There are alot of high mile Busa's around, I went to CO on a ride with pbghost and he has 57,000 on his.

16,000 miles? It's just past it's first scheduled valve adjustment. With any luck (weather) mine will have about that many miles on it by this time next year.

I have added another 1,200 miles since I took this picture:beerchug:

Mine is an 05 too:cheerleader:

P1040738.jpg

16,000 miles? It's just past it's first scheduled valve adjustment. With any luck (weather) mine will have about that many miles on it by this time next year.

valve adjustment????? see i didn't even know it needed a valve adjustment.now i feel dumb for sure.is this something that has to be done or something that is BEST to have done?? and thanks for all your help.

Yea, that's something I've been putting off that I really need to go ahead and do. Mine's just about at 15,000. Oh, and I got it last sep with 2,000 on it, and it was out of commission for 3 months while I was getting new parts for it. So I've averaged about 1500 miles a month.

Ride it and keep the oil clean. It'll treat you right. these things are built like a Japanese brick _ _ _ _ house.

I have over 57,000 miles with trackdays included :;):

Only had to replace the fuel pump so far :thumbsup:

I have over 10k on my 08 that I got last Halloween. They are a few other 08's that have more.

Your bike is just barely broken in at 16k. Make sure you have the valves are properly adjusted and enjoy. :thumbsup:

I have almost 30,000 miles on mine with no problem at all and she will be one year old on the 27th of this month.

I had a suzuki mechanic tell me that unless its hard to start the valves dont need to be adjusted. When it starts getting where it doesnt start up right away then take it in and get it adjusted. Thats what he told me and he has been working and racing suzukis for over 10 years.

I hardly ever take my B-King over 9k rpm usually I'm riding around town just cruising and it stays under 5500. Hell the roads Im on if I get up in the higher rpm Im getting hauled to jail.

thanks for everyones input on this as i ask.i was afraid that my mileage was high.some of you guys have unbelievible milage on yours and i think it's awsome.i know one guy here just said that a mechanic told him to adjust the valves if it gets hard to start,but heck i didn't even know it needed to be done at all.so what is the actual time they need adjustment?? thanks

thanks for everyones input on this as i ask.i was afraid that my mileage was high.some of you guys have unbelievible milage on yours and i think it's awsome.i know one guy here just said that a mechanic told him to adjust the valves if it gets hard to start,but heck i didn't even know it needed to be done at all.so what is the actual time they need adjustment?? thanks

Valves should be checked(adjusted if needed) every 15k miles per the service manual.

Back