Can I Fit Wider Than A 240???

InfiniteReality

Registered
Got a flat yesterday and while I plugged it to get home, when I'm on 2 wheels I want good tires. Since I'll be getting a new rear tire (stock widened rear wheel) and I have the clearance on the swing arm and chain to fit a wider tire... What are some other widths that I could possibly fit on the wheel?

Any input is appreciated!!

Got a flat yesterday and while I plugged it to get home, when I'm on 2 wheels I want good tires. Since I'll be getting a new rear tire (stock widened rear wheel) and I have the clearance on the swing arm and chain to fit a wider tire... What are some other widths that I could possibly fit on the wheel?

Any input is appreciated!!

200......i think is the max, anything wider will rub your chain...im about to put a 200 on my nem wheels....

Yep already got wider wheel, just kinda want wider if possible.. Just because, lol.

260 is actually a real size I'd assume? I'm. Clueless outside the standard wide tires

I got my 250 in Friday and dropping it off today to get mounted and balanced. It was $10-$15 more than the 240, but a 260 was almost 2x that cost so 250 is what it was going to be!

I would think an odd size would cost more (less made sitting around). the more popular a tire size is the better the price... most of the time

Sorry no pictures of the 250 yet, I can "maybe" tell it's wider, definitely not night/day difference. I've only ridden it down the street to make sure the chain was tight and aligned.

I did some research prior to ordering, the 250 was $10-15 more than a 240 so figured why not. 260 on the other hand was substantially more.

I couldn't remember and had to go look, lol. H-rated, seems to ride a little better.

250/40R-18 Dunlop Elite 3 Radial Touring Rear Tire

I tried that tyre on the bking for just a month and pissed it off,sold it to a guy for his expensive tractor(harley)Pirelli Diablo is what I have been using and recommend in that size and yesttrday I received one from Rocky Mountain ATV for $235 delivered,around $150-200 cheaper than the local shops here in astronomically expensive Australia.

I rode on the Dunlop yesterday to work, first ride I've been on with new tire. No complaints or compliments on it so far, basically just scrubbed it in....

Well... Reviving this thread because I left it hanging with the promise of pictures and some thoughts on a 250. Came across my own thread when looking for a new front tire and deciding what to go with.

When I get a new rear, I'll go back to a 240. While I have no issues with a 250, I do not like the taller side wall. I didn't noticed it until recently, but now that I did, I don't like it and regret going to a 250 though do like having a slightly wider tire.

Pictures as promised, better late than never I guess?

20150831_192444.jpg

20150831_192454.jpg

and profile of it and you can see why I don't care for it.
20150831_192416.jpg

Back