c 41 code FI code Blows FI fuse when powered up

hayabusa317

Registered
Anyone with some experience with this please share info. Basic run down, checked all wires I can find. Tank off the whole 9. Removed fuel pump,"new". Old pump still works. New starter, new starter relay. Have not replaced the fuel pump relay, though I did test it out with meter, and it gave me continuity. Have the Busa service manual, so going by that as well. New, kill switch, new battery. The bike ran last week great afer putting it back together. Then one morning it blew the fI fuse again, and has not ran sense. I have run out of steam. Totally burned out of this thing. I did bring it to the local Suzuki shop, my fried at work has had a great experience with them. I will post my experience with this. I do have a Ivan TRE on it, and a Power Commander. Have taken both of them off line and she is still blowing the fuse. Wonder what they come up wtih.

Anyone with some experience with this please share info. Basic run down, checked all wires I can find. Tank off the whole 9. Removed fuel pump,"new". Old pump still works. New starter, new starter relay. Have not replaced the fuel pump relay, though I did test it out with meter, and it gave me continuity. Have the Hayabusa service manual, so going by that as well. New, kill switch, new battery. The bike ran last week great after putting it back together. Then one morning it blew the fI fuse again, and has not ran sense. I have run out of steam. Totally burned out of this thing. I did bring it to the local Suzuki shop, my fried at work has had a great experience with them. I will post my experience with this. I do have a Ivan TRE on it, and a Power Commander. Have taken both of them off line and she is still blowing the fuse. Wonder what they come up with .

If they have a short detector that is a method to energize the system if it will not run. It goes at the battery and sends a small high AC signal through the system, then a second piece is hand-moved through the wiring until it registers a field generated from a short.

It sounds like you replaced a lot of items in that circuit. The question: Is there anything else from the bike's electrical diagram on that circuit? This is a matter of hitting every item until one reveals a problem.

Have you been able to inspect the ignition wiring? Can you recall any problems with water/damage/etc. in the bike's history that may point to something you would not normally suspect?

In your history I see that you may have patched into the fuel injection for an air shifter? Any user-breaks in wiring are suspect. Disconnect the device which could have its own shorting problems from water/corrosion/etc. (and would not be on a technician's radar or in the manual) and re-test.

There is no history of water damage I am aware of. I have owned the bike for a long time now. Never wash it, hand clean. And never ride in rain. The air shifter areas I did myself, and patched my own work. I did mention all of this to the shop. The one hot wire on the fuel rail I was suspect of. I did take that apart and put a butt connector and taped it well. I also did test this wire when this happened again, I had continuity on my meter, from end to end. I will keep you in the loop when I hear something from the shop.

Also I have thought about the ignition wiriing myself, all seems weird. Could it be the ECU? I do hear the a pump relay goe through its cycle. Maybe it has a issue in insulation when sending the 12 v signal to the pump??? The shop will look for this I am sure

Back