buttonwillow?

dmallord

Registered
hi guys,

i dont know if this is the appropriate "place" for this question...

after getting some seat time in the twisities i am really leaning (pun! hahahaha) towards a track day. i sent buttonwillow a question regarding my leathers, and was advised that i needed to get hold of my track day organizer?

my leather question was: i have vulcan leather pants and jacket. they zip together in the rear with an 8" zipper. is this sufficient, or do i need a "full waist" zipper?

anyways, i know lots of guys here have been there done that...

so? direction needed is?

thanks,
david

Most tracks do require the full wrap around zipper in a two piece. You dont want your jacket sliding up in a spill.

Most require full zip - but each trackday provider has different rules that's why you were referred to them.

thanks guys.

hayabusa.org is the best.

yes, a full zipper is required. a one piece suit would be better. :D

thanks again.

Word of advice: The one piece suit is for sure tougher than a 2-piece, but a 2-piece is much easier to get on and off, and hang around with on the track (especially when it gets hot), and easily transitions to a good street suit. Until you get into A, a one-piece isn't really necessary. TwoBrothers and Tiller both are wearing the same 2-piece gear they wear on the street for the last 2 seasons.

I would recommend seeing if you could sent it off to someone who could sew you a full zipper into what you have now - save you a little money for now to spend on tires, a back protector and trackdays! Ask your trackday provider, someone there will know who does good leather repair.

Some shoe repair places put zippers on. You will Definitely need this in all sanctioning bodies in Socal. Highly recommended is some kind of back protector and chest impact protection.

A good read is twist of the wrist 2!! Invaluable info.

Back