busa runs bad when cold

bhotrod3

Registered
Hey guys i have a 2003 busa ,it run really bad when cold,stumbles shuts off bucks,misfires untill it warms up,then it runs like a bat out of heel,has anyone else had this problem?,i have changes the fuel pump ohm`d out the sensor,changed spark plug, changed fuel line,but still no luck,could the temp switch do this? i`m sure i`m not the only one with this problem,any help would be appreciated.....thanks

Have been having the exact same issue with my '03 as of late;will fast idle for a bit then die if i don't catch it in time(and runs rough 'til it warms up a little then perfect the rest of the time).Died a block from the house this morning and had a hell of a time restarting it,took at least 7 or 8 tries and thought i'd run the battery down but finally caught and then ran fine.
Also have new plugs,etc. so i'm open for suggestions also.:thumbsup:

Finally fixed my problem,sounds crazy but it`s the kickstand switch,take off your left hand side fairing and bypass the switch, see if that helps,i also pulled apart all of the sensor connections and cleaned them,and pulled the ignition and fuel pump fuses and replaced them,hope this helps,i was about to wear me out before i figured it out.

Well the kick stand switch turned out not to be my problem,but idid find it,take off the stato cover and check the wires to the pick up coil and stator,i found broken wires going to the pickup coil,or you could also have a bad pickup coil,i replaced sensors,sparkplugs,vacuum lines ,ect before i found this problem,bike run great now,no more bucking,shut off`s ,misfires,it was about to drive me crazy.........hope this helps

Have been having the exact same issue with my '03 as of late;will fast idle for a bit then die if i don't catch it in time(and runs rough 'til it warms up a little then perfect the rest of the time).Died a block from the house this morning and had a hell of a time restarting it,took at least 7 or 8 tries and thought i'd run the battery down but finally caught and then ran fine.
Also have new plugs,etc. so i'm open for suggestions also.:thumbsup:

If your not getting any code,Pull off your stator cover and check the pickup coil and the wires running to it,i found broken wires going to it,i changes sparkplug,coils sensors,vacuum line ect,before i found this problem,hope this helps

Back