Busa riding cops give up on H-D,BMW,Yam,Victory etc.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I believe it was the Captain who alerted us to the new use (back then) of our beloved Hayabusa.
Being chased down by one of our own bikes. :banghead: I believe the OHP (Okla.Highway Patrol) got the Busa's from their impound after seizing them from local drug dealers. They modded them up a bit "Police Style" and off they went to hunt US down. :laugh:
Anybody seen their use elsewhere in the world? They had them cool (althou junk acording to members here) Beetle Bags.
In my city they went with H-D for years.Then I think Beemer.Then a couple of other brands. Most recently I think they are still using the Victory's. See the local Okla write up with pics HERE
Rubb.

We had a couple of unmarked ones in Brisbane but were 99.9% standard.

Definitely wasn’t intimidated

Videos on Busa cop bikes in Puerto Rico even though the guy doesn't have a clue of what he's riding....900lbs? 137mph top speed?

The trouble with high performance anything in the hands of police is there will be a time when they use them and in a chase, the bike is clearly disadvantaged...one touch of a fleeing vehicle and the bike is in the rhubarb..

I for one would not want to be on a police bike during a chase.

Mostly HD around here. Close friend used to be a motorcycle patrol officer but transferred. He told me it sounds great when you are a young kid joining up but gets to you after a while sitting in the heat all of the time and wearing a rain jacket while still having to do your job. Now he is comfy in a Tahoe.

Back