Busa good for grand prix racing?

motogp08

Registered
Hey guys, just wonderin, i have a chance to either get a 2006 Busa or an 06 GSXR1000. I want high top end speed, but i also want good maneuverability. If anyone knows, let me no what the top end speed on a GSXR1000 would be able to get. And if it is any more stable in turning than that of a Busa. I have a friend that says that the Busa sucks for turning in the Grand Prix or "road racing," races.

Please help!!!
rock.gif

I do track days with my Busa and I find it very nimble. Not as nimble as a liter or 600 but damn good enough to race with. Do some upgrades like suspension setup (the most IMPORTANT), steel braided brake lines, new calipers, pads, race profile tires, racing windscreen, full exhaust w/PC and you should be pretty good to go.

The Busa takes more skills in the twisties because its longer and heavier than liter bikes. But it handles just fine. You do need to tune the suspension for your weight. It comes from the factory set up for a 165 lbs rider. The stock setup didn't work well for me at 250 lbs.

I have had both. Want comfort and speed go with the Hayabusa. Want nimble and speed go with the GSXR. They are both limited from the factory for top end speed so stock I would say top end would be the same. I do feel a higher level of comfort at high speed on the Hayabusa, it just feels more stable.

If you are going to be racing, get the gsxr1000. But you sound new to the scene, you might want to consider racing a smaller bike first. Find local racing clubs in your area and see what racing organizations are available to you.

If you're just asking if the Busa will corner, it will. Not as fast or as easy in the corner as a liter bike. But the Busa is a better all around machine.

I have had both. Want comfort and speed go with the Hayabusa. Want nimble and speed go with the GSXR. They are both limited from the factory for top end speed so stock I would say top end would be the same. I do feel a higher level of comfort at high speed on the Hayabusa, it just feels more stable.
+1, if you want to race or make it a track bike only, the 1000 is the way to go. More nimble, quicker off turns and quicker on a road racing track. BUT, if you want comfort and fun, go with the Busa !

Me, if your not going to really race, go comfort because speeds are really not much different
idea.gif

Remember, a good rider on a marginal bike can always beat a poor rider on a good bike
race.gif

Back