Busa family help with my Hawaii trip Aug?

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
My oldest daughter and her husband (who is stationed at schofield barracks ) is due with her first child at end of July. My shop shut down will be first week of August so mary and I are planning trip. Those with inside info, deals, suggestions it would greatly help us to have as much fun for as little as we can (yes I'm not ashamed that im cheap lol) dates are not written in stone. Anytime arround July 31st (plus or minus couple days if a good deal) and same for arround Auguast 9th to return. We can fly out of ERIE, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Cleveland. My searches are getting me Round trip $950-1400 per person. 3 are planning on going (one senior, my mom) my daughter has tenatively reserved us 2 rooms at Hale Koa (millitary accommodation hotel) on Wakkiki beach in Honalulu. So if you got deals, connections or even live in the area ( pacific busa) and want to grab luch or whatever. Hit me up, hook me up!! Whats friends for anyway??.. Lol

I have had great luck with cheapoair.com. I actually buy from them vs using almost free standby tickets. Standby is such a pita with these full planes nowadays.
Would look them up and put a air/hotel package together. You may be surprised at the price.
Have a good time. I have spent many a night at Dukes on Waikiki beach. Fun place.
Wish I could be of greater help.
Troy

Hey Chris is this going to impact HITH this year?

IDK if this could be cheaper or not but I'll throw it out there anyways.

It seems like flights to Las Vegas are usually dirt cheap (they want you to come and gamble) so I wonder if you
got flights to Vegas and then to HI if that COULD be cheaper then what your planning on now.
I have to assume that they MIGHT have deals from Vegas to HI like they do PA to Vegas. MIGHT be worth checking it out. ???

no it wont impact HITH.... but i wish i could try to pick and choose my destinations to try to manipulate the pricing...

Have been to Wakkiki 3 times. (for a total of 7 weeks). You'll love it. Great history/great military history of course. I got plastered many nights at Moose McGilicutties. Cheap poo poo's (Hawiian for appy's). I rent my cars from VIP on the strip,you'll love them ya cheap bastid,last time I whent $12.95 a day. LOL. Mind you these ARE NOT quality vehicles. The bulk of them are Suzuki Sidekicks(jeep wanna be) they have torn up soft tops and no radio's etc. But its just a buggy to get you somewhere.
Things to do:
Quad tour thru the valleys where they filmed Pearl Harbour,Jurassic Park,etc.
Sea life park. Desent Luau plus you can dive in a tank with a cool huka helmet on.
Turtle bay. Must swim with the sea turtles.
North Shore. Neat lil' town,plus ya gotta say you "surfed pipe". (one of the best in the world)
Go hunt "Dog" the Bounty Hunter". His offices are just north of Chinatown.
Super cheap breakfasts on the strip near the International Market. Like $3.99 and up.
The revolving resturant for dinner. Pricey,but its awesome.You sit in your seat and end up spinning atleast 360 o.
The waterslides. Not world class but awesome none the less.
The flea market at Aloha Stadium. Outside the sellers booths go around the stadium 4 times. Lots of the same krap but thats wher you get 5 t-shirts for $20.
Of course all the beaches,the volcano,museums. Nice big mall on the south side near a cool military museum.
yadda yadda ya. I'll think of some more. We always stayed at a family members time share. 500 bucks a week.

Later Chris....

RSD.

Just an idea but check newark nj. Little bit of a trip for you but last year i saw nonstop flights from 545. I took that route there about 14 years ago when i went.

Hey Chris almost forgot...North Shore Shark Adventures. They take you out about 2 miles off the north shore and toss you in a real shark cage. Very cool.The guides had some extra fun with me.They kept throwing chum into the cage with me causing the sharks to get up REAL CLOSE and personal. Fun stuff.

RSD.

I also really enjoyed Oahu's 2 gun clubs (I'm Canadian):laugh: and we have gun rules.:rulez: Probably not as much fun for a Gub'ment Conspiracy Theorist such as yourself,you probably have most of this hardware in your bedroom closet.:rofl:

But Rubb had fun.

RSD.

Hawaii 08 010.jpg

Hawaii 08 015.jpg

Hawaii 08 033.jpg

Hawaii 08 045.jpg

Hawaii 08 040.jpg

That colt 45 Chris... what a fun gun. How quik can you bring that recoil back on center. :thumbsup:

Fun stuff.

How's the daughter doin' ?

RSD.

Chris - forget the shooting ranges, they only use 1/2 loads. Lots of things to do - go to Ala Moana shopping mall and look around. Great place to just hang out - eat at the food court - lots of good food. For some local cuisine on the cheap, go to Zippy's and order a locomoco.

Pick up the tourist mags around town, they usually offer discounts. The only real discounts you can get kamaaina requires a HI drivers license, but as RSD said, go to happy hour and load up on pupus (not poo poo, you do that in the bathroom). Usually free food just buy drinks. A great way to skip dinner, although I have seen you eat....

Rent a scooter and drive around Waikiki - fun stuff and you'll get lost. It's ok. Stay on the strip in Waikiki, lots of night life and the animals offering services come out late out night - just watch ... :laugh:

North Shore is flat that time of year, unless you have time to make a day trip, I'd skip it. Go to Waikiki beach and watch the surfers or rent a surfboard and lessons.

if you want to try some hawaiian delicacies without spending a lot of money, go to Safeway and they have local food in small containers. poki, poi and all kinds of other stuff you probably won't like... hehe.

it's also going to to warm during that time, so dress warmly. I also second the flea market at Aloha stadium - cheap stuff there.

Enjoy the islands! Wish I was there...

PS - I think pacificbusa is now in CA or WA?

well we have our dates set...still looking into accomidations... daughter set us up at Hale loa but wanting to be a bit closer to the barracks....will see

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Get that booger picker off the trigger!!!

Hope you have fun Chris, I'd love to get to Hawaii some day.

Looks like Rubb had fun. :laugh:

we found a 3 bedroom house overlooking pearl harbor for only 89 a night for the 10 days and one of the days was free....so that is squared away now. next hotel in cleveland the night before the flight and rental car....

Look for "the shrimp shack" food truck down the highway from the blowhole, even just some snorkeling at sharks cove on the north shore is a good time, you can bbq on the beach and they sell disposable bbq grills at the grocery store across the street. There is a nice little bar and grill on base near the airport, can't remember the name. If you can go on base you can find deals on attractions nearby. Make sure to hit up the coffee plantation at least one day to get a great cup in a place you don't see often. If you rent a jeep there is a spot for four wheelin west of north shore.

The place for a beer on base is on hickam on seaman ave
Shrimp shack should be on hw 72 past the blow hole from Honolulu.
4wheelin is the dead end of farrington hw
Kamehameha hw on the way from militani to north shore has the coffee farm, dole plantation.... And there is a trail to a waterfall and lagoon from the show "lost" (kamehameha is very long though. Check out Google maps for the places)

Back